the familiar box and a wish

Adrien traced the pattern on the box with his eyes. Recognising it instantly, plagg sat on his shoulder and both looked at eachother nervously before plagg gave a reassuing nod.

Adrien sighed and with a mixture of nerves and hope picked up the box.

Slowly opening the lid and a brilliant glow escape.

~

"Plague.... tiki...." Chat noir's voice was almost a whisper, as if the very thought I speaking louder would scare the magic away.

"Unify"

A glowing swirl wrapped around him as tiki flew into the earings. He'd unfied kwamis before and he had used both the ladybug and cat miraculous' separately... but unifying them... it felt like something different entirely.

... something more powerful... and almost wrong.

Chat noir body and suit shifted. It's form never quite staying the same. A golden glowing rim outlined his new apparel which turned from black to red as it swayed in wind that wasn't there.

This was it.... this was power.

He could make any wish.

Any wish....

One wish.

One wish? He could only make one wish! One wish for one life- that's the rules! He could only choose one of them!

Ladybug?
The hero! The symbol of good! His first love!

Or Marrinette?
His classmate! His first proper friend! His future....

One wish...

One life...

One of them.

Thank you guys so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed my story but this is the end :( if yoy have any suggestions for future stories I would love to hear them! At some point I might add another chapter to this story if you guys want to know who adrien picks/how things turn out but otherwise it'll end here.

Love Kati xx