the hotel

Persephone crashed into the grand hotel, a section of the roof caving in to the building as a large roar of screams rang out as the people inside rushed to get out. Chloe threw her back against the balcony banister, trying to distance herself from the akuma victim.... more specifically the akuma victim that she had bullied for years.

Persephone pulled herself from the rubble as it turned black and ashy around her, throwing herself up into the air in the most angelic yet terrifying way. Her chin was raised as her haunting eyes traced the outlines of the Paris buildings. silhouettes of the sun's cast glowed a brilliant gold which outlined their shapes and the colours would be painted across your eye lids if you dared to close them.

Persephones eyes flickered down slowly to Chloe, who was pressed so far into the banister that she was all but apart of it. Persephone, gracefully jumped from the rubble onto the-mostly intact-balcony.

She gripped her sword in her blood-soaked hand, the blade grinding against the pavers as it dragged. She was an image of chaos which indisputably contradicted and -more importantly- drowned out who she was before her corruption.

"Marrinette?" Chloe mumbled, her voice getting lost within the sound of metal on concrete. "Is it really you?"

Persephone just stared at her. She shook her head though despite her response Chloe couldn't help but feel as if it still was neither a yes or a no.

"Why are you doing this?" Chloe asked, though she was fairly sure should could probably guess a thousand answers and was -more than anything- surprised this hadn't happened sooner "this isn't you!"

"I'm not me."

"What are you talking about? Marrinette you are the same person you've always been!" Chloe stepped forward, for a moment forgetting her life was in danger "you are smart and kind and you are always trying to help people.... even when they don't deserve it."

"I'm not marrinette..." the words came out in almost a hiss. "I don't want to be!"

"Are you insane? Marrinette... i know I don't... i know... ugh! I am miserable all of the time! But seeing you... it makes my day feel worth while... I.... I just... I couldn't show it... I didnt... I don't know how to act around someone like you." Chloes cheeks tinged pink as she desperately tried to build a wall around her vulnerability.

"DONT LIE!" Persephone yelled, her words were pained as if someone had just driven a dagger into her heart.

"IM NOT!" Chloe promised "... not this time...."

Persephone raised her sword, the blade just falling short of Chloe's throat.

"You are wicked." Persephone hissed through gritted teeth "all the things you did... and yet you still to say things like that."

"Marrinette..." tears began to pool in the corners of chloes eyes as the tip of the sword cut her skin.

Persephone threw the blade of the sword into the ground and glared at Chloe as she stepped closer, their noses less than an inch apart.

"I am not Marrinette"

Persephone spun back around, pulling the blade back out of the ground leaving a small crater in the cement. She began walking away from Chloe.

"Then why didn't you kill me?"

Persephone stopped, frozen by the words.

"Everyone I've ever met has tried to hurt me... half the time they didn't even have to be akumatized to want to see my head on a spike." Chloe fought against the urge to run away and held out hope that she could bring back marrinette. "Despite everything I've ever done you protect me!.... so if you want me to believe that you arnt marrinette...."

Chloe paused the next sentance fought against everyone of her instincts

"Then you'll have to kill me."

Authors note: Hey guys! Sometimes I like to write ahead and hehe I've got the last 2 chapters written and it will not be long till you get to see them!