⚜️ 44 - A Trip ⚜️

Author's POV

Author's POV

 He went behind her and found her eating an ice cream. Yamini was instructing the staff about yesterday's chores. She saw them and smiled after giving the orders she left from there not before shaking her head at both of their bickerings.

In the kitchen, Adhyaa was distributing the ice cream in 8 bowls, when Abhimanyu came. He called her, "Captain, you know na I was kidding." In return he got only silence which is unusual for him. She hadn't given anyone silent treatment since she woke up from her sleep (Coma).

"Captain, don't do this, please talk to me."

She was busy doing her work. He came around and again asked her. Now, he turned her so now she was facing him. He placed both of his hands on the counter, at either side of Adhyaa. He came close and asked, "Adhyaa, what's wrong? Why are you not talking? Did I not mean to talk to you like that?"

Adhyaa was in her dream land so the proximity didn't affect her. She looked in his eyes, then tried to leave without saying anything.

Abhimanyu didn't budge from there and said, "Meri jaan, Stop fighting, tell me what happened. Is it because of Eno?"

Adhyaa looked away for a few seconds then looked at him and asked, "You were going for one week and you didn't tell me about it."

Abhimanyu soon remembered what she was talking about and why she was angry with him. He looked in her eyes and placed his one hand on her cheek and said softly, "I was going to tell you today, but you were worried for Reena. So I thought to tell you in the office. I swear, I didn't mean to hurt you."

A few tears left from her left eye and her lips quivered. Seeing this he pulled her to his chest and rested one hand on her head and the other round her waist.

"Hey, I will be back. Why are you crying?" He said while caressing her head.

"I don't know...." She sniffed and replied.

He was amazed with this girl who was crying and didn't know why she was crying. He detached himself from her and wiped the tears from her cheeks. He said, "You know, I wanted to surprise you but I think I should tell you now."

"What?" she asked in her hoarse voice.

"That you are also coming with me." He told her with joy in his eyes.

"What!!" This time she screamed in shock.

He placed one finger in his ear and said, "Captain, my ears."

She ignored it and asked him, "Whatever!, You tell me I am also coming to Sikkim, sachchi [really]"

"Muchchi [Honestly]"