Chapter 1

"That little—!" A tall and plump middle-aged man, who goes by the name Dr. Eggman and lacks a Ph.D. but impresses the mobile engineers with a high IQ whizzes by in his small convertible ship. He dodges many trees, shooting egg-shaped missiles at a few of them to remove them from his sight. "Blue rodent! You get back here blue rat!"

"I'm not a rat!" A cool voice flew by Eggman. A blur of blue flew to the trees and stood on the tops of the wood. "I'm a hedgehog, and the name is Sonic!"

"I don't see the difference." Eggman narrowed his eyes.

"Take a better look, Egghead!" Sonic stuck out his tongue and shook his head disapprovingly. "Tsk tsk. We've known each other for how long now, a few months? And you still can't tell the obvious. What kind of evil GENIUS are you? All I see is a fat old guy with scrambled mesh for brains!"

"How, DARE you!?" Eggman slammed his fist on a big red button. "I'll make you PAY for those insults warthog!"

"Really? Bet you'll take no other payment than a few rings." Sonic chuckled. A missile shot through the air and exploded just as it hit the branch, knocking Sonic out of the tree. "WoooaaAAAAh!" Sonic's body was being pulled down by gravity. He quickly curled into a ball and spin dashed and bounced back up in the air right before he hit the ground.

When he uncurled himself, he glanced over his shoulder. The forest around him was up in flames. Eggman's machines were destroying the wildlife's homes. He shifted his eyes back to Eggman and placed one foot back. He twisted the tip of his feet to secure himself before jumping up and curling into another ball. His body collided with Eggman's flying convertible, sending him into the air and across the whole forest.

Sonic landed on his feet flawlessly and brushed his hands together with an arrogant grin. "That should take care of the rotten Egg for a bit. Now to put out this fire. And quickly." Sonic sped off toward a nearby lake.

Now on Eggman's end, he was sent over the great number of trees that hadn't been blown apart or lit up in flames. His machine was thrown against a particularly thick tree, wider than the rest of them. The collision caused Eggman to fly out of his seat and onto the soggy mud below. His mustache became sticky as it was covered in the moist dirt, and he sat up angrily. "This isn't the end of me Hedgehog! I'll end you one day! You'll see!" Eggman balled his fist together and began reassembling his only source of transportation.

"That blasted rat has been more than enough problems. Why I oughtta—"

"Help! Sir! Can you hear me? I need help!" A soft squeal caught Eggman's attention. He glanced around only to find no one there. Where was that girlish call coming from?

"Sir! I'm over here!"

Eggman looked to the ground, and to his surprise, there was a small pink little creature waving her small hands at him. Her body was sprawled across the dirt, and her bottom limbs were stuck under a thick fallen branch. "Please help!"

Eggman rolled his eyes and scratched his mustache, before reaching down and tossing the branch aside. He felt like he lost a few pounds right after and began sweating profusely. He was able to catch his breath after the pink creature crawled to stand on her feet. "Wowie! Thank you, sir! You helped me out of one heck of a doozie!"

Doctor Eggman didn't even bother to acknowledge her. He felt that the sight of the pink creature was revolting. She was dressed in tacky orange and purple sneakers, and a tacky orange skirt with a green polo. But it wasn't her clothes that disgusted him. She looked similar to the blue menace who always foiled his plan.

"My name is Amy, Amy Rose sir!" The creature giggled and poked him in his leg. She pulled out 3 cards from her pocket and held them up high for the Dr to see. "The cards lead me here! They told me I would meet my destined hero at Neverlake! Since you saved me, I will gladly follow you and display my loyalty, sir!" She squeaked.

"Amy... is it?" Eggman rolled his eyes again and gazed at her appearance up and down. She was nothing but a scrawny little pest, who'd only be a burden to him. "Get lost. I'm not interested in playing tag with a child."

"Tag?" Amy blinked at him. "I'm serious! I'm not playing games!"

"Listen, don't you have somewhere to be? Where are your parents? Do I look like a babysitter to you?" Eggman walked over to his crashed convertible ship and began pressing buttons and repositioning wires that were displayed openly after the impact. "Run along and go find someone else to play with, or else I'll blast you to smithereens." He flicked a switch on the dashboard and a large cannon popped out and aimed directly at Amy.

She squeaked in response and held her hands up in defense. "B-but! Sir! Truly I am grateful, I only wish to express my appreciation for your help!"

"You're of no use to me, kid." Eggman leaned against the convertible casually and fiddled with his mustache.

"I can offer you p-protection!" Amy stood up straight and brought back her shoulders. She raised her head high and thrust her palms in the air. Determination was written in her eyes as she snapped her fingers, and a large hammer appeared in her small hands. "I'll show you what I can do! What I am capable of! My PIKO hammer can smash through brick— no, iron walls! With it, I'll make sure no harm comes to you! Ahhhhh!" Amy raised the hammer high and slammed it against the ground.

The ground shook rapidly, causing Eggman to fall. The cannon snapped off his convertible easily. He was more than impressed. The little girl creature in front of him managed to take out one of his machines in seconds, proving that she had potential. If he accepted her, surely he would be able to transform her into a killing machine and mindless slave at some point and would be a great ally to destroying the blue pest once and for all.