Chapter 4

Amy placed a small stack of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies on a white plate. It was her third attempt at trying, and finally, she perfected the recipe. She then poured some hot water into a small pot and placed some mint leaves and 4 sugar cubes. She let it settle for a few minutes before stirring it with a spoon and pouring the tea she made into a small mug.

While placing the food she made onto a tray, she took note of Eggman's repetitive pacing. Back and forth he walked, muttering swears under his breath. "Stupid hedgehog and his bratty friends! The nerve of them to show up uninvited and blow my bot to specs! It took me sleepless DAYS to complete E-R23!"

"Doctor." Amy walked over to him and chirped.

"WHAT!?" Eggman shouted, and Amy flinched. She almost dropped the tray of goodies, but tightly grasped onto the edges to steady it.

"I-I'm sorry!" Amy squeaked. "I-I made this for you. A warm beverage can calm the m-mind."

Eggman sighed and took the tray from her, before slumping back in his chair at the large computer screen. "I'm sorry, Rose. You caught me in my storm of frustrations. I'm just so aggravated right now. No matter what I do, that blue pest continues to ruin all my plans!"

Eggman took a large bite of the cookie on the plate and paused briefly. The cookie was delightful. He wondered if Amy was always this good at cooking. Lately, she had been preparing some amazing dishes for him. He allowed his taste buds to enjoy the sweet sugary cocoa and slouched.

Amy reached for Eggman's arm and placed her hand on it. "It's okay, Doctor. He is irrelevant now. Bullies like him don't know any better until karma strikes them back!" She attempted to comfort him. After getting a quick look at Tails and Knuckles, she knew she didn't like them. Especially Knuckles. Knuckles seemed hot-headed and messy, which Amy didn't like.

They were just supporting the bullying Sonic instilled on her savior.

"What!? What are you talking about? I AM the Karma? Do you really think I'd just sit here and allow those fools to destroy DAYS AND HOURS of my tireless labor? I'm going to hit them where it hurts!"

"Y-you're right. I'm sorry Doctor." Amy frowned. "I've been thinking. Maybe I should give it a shot and beat Sonic for you."

"You!? Fight Sonic!?" Eggman spat out the tea he was drinking and laughed. He couldn't believe she actually said that.

"Yes, Doctor! I've been training in the garage for a while now. I've developed a new attack with my hammer, and I'm sure it will be of help!" Amy huffed confidently.

"No no no!" Eggman shook his head and cackled. "You are not ready to fight Sonic. You are still a klutz, and you can't even tell the difference between a bolt and a screw!"

Amy blushed in embarrassment. It was true that she was a little clumsy, but she was trying her best. And she was tired of doing nothing all day but cleaning. She admired Eggman's persistence and wanted to prove her skills. She wanted to show him that she wasn't some silly little hedgehog who wasn't capable of handling herself in a fight. She wanted a chance to prove that she was imitating Eggman's determination to win.

"But Doctor—"

"Absolutely not." Eggman shook his head. "There is still so much you have to learn. And besides, I've already come up with another scheme to finally take over this world and establish an order of the Eggman Empire! All I need is a chaos emerald!"

"A chaos emerald?" Amy tilted her head in curiosity. "What's that?"

"A chaos emerald, my dear, is a special miracle gem that unleashes an amazing power and grants the wishes of the beholder!"

"Grants wishes? Like shooting stars?" Amy's eyes lit up with excitement.

"Better than that Rose." Eggman smiled and pulled up the images of the jewels on his computer screen. "Better than the flying meteors in the sky. There are 7 of them, all in different magnificent colors. And when combined, I'll be able to unleash the power of a perfect being and everyone will finally acknowledge me as their superior who wants nothing but the best for this world. Everyone will be faultless! And the blue hedgehog won't be there to see it!"

"Wow!" Amy jumped up and down happily. "And what can I do to help?"

"You keep on doing what you've been doing in the last few months, Rose." Eggman brushed Amy's bangs and pet her like she was a dog. "Keeping this place organized is what helps me form new ideas and clears my mind for more plans!"

"O-oh," Amy mumbled sadly. "O-okay." She wanted to be of help, but Eggman was limiting her.

"Cheer up, Rose." Eggman turned in his seat and took another bite of his cookie. "Once I've taken over and the Eggman Empire is firmly in place, then I will promote you to a governing position."

"Really?" Amy gasped.

"Mhmm!" Eggman nodded. "If you stay loyal and continue to prove your worth, there are many benefits that'll come to you. You've been an excellent help, but you can do more improving if you ever want to reach the top tier like me."

"Yes sir!" Amy saluted. "I won't let you down! Let's do this!"

If Eggman could, he would shed a single tear. But there was no time to feel such sappy emotion.

"Oh! One more thing. I noticed that your ridiculous clothes are lacking. I think it's time for a change."

"O-oh! Really? I thought it was okay." Amy gazed at her appearance in embarrassment.

"Your shoes have long laces and you keep tripping on them. So I created these boots to help you move around easier without falling. Instead of laces, they have straps. Velcro seems to be in fashion these days, although I'm not sure why."

Amy took the shoes and placed them on carefully, before taking a good look at them on her feet. She was comfortable, as the inside fit around her legs nicely and held her feet firmly, but was very smooth so it wouldn't cause irritating friction for her feet.

"I also constructed this. It's a work suit. The fabric is soft and slim-fitting, not over the top like that poofy and tacky skirt you have. You will be able to train more efficiently in it. It reduces weight drag and makes you feel lighter. Try it on."

Amy took the suit and studied it in amazement. It was the first time she received a gift specially made for her. She looked back up at Eggman and gave him the warmest smile. "Thank you, Doctor! I'll cherish this!"

"Yeah yeah..." Eggman rolled his eyes, thinking nothing of Amy's reaction. He only created the suit so she wouldn't slow him down. The suit would allow her to maneuver around the lair easily so she could clean and work more efficiently. And the harder she worked, the easier it was for him to come up with and build his next robot.

Amy on the other hand felt that Eggman cared to notice how hard it was for her to do things on her own. Amy placed the outfit against her figure, and she giggled. "It matches!" She pointed to Eggman's attire.

"Of course it does! These colors are what make the Eggman empire known!"