Chapter 17

Shadow teleported onto the space station and released Amy's arm. She fell to the cold floor and wheezed. Her breathing became shallow while falling through the air. She caught her breath and once it was back to normal, she glared at Shadow.

"You! You almost killed me!"

"What are you talking about? He saved you!" Rouge placed her hands on her hips. "He saved both of us. Which is unlike him, but I can't complain."

"You didn't see it! I was already safe! He came in and practically knocked me out of the sky!" Amy whined.

"Get this straight. I didn't save either of you." Shadow spoke. "I only went back into that prison because of the chaos emeralds. As for you, pinky, it seems you still have some use to the Doctor. If I let you die, he probably wouldn't let us hear the end of it, and the last thing needed is for the doctor to lose focus."

"Excuse me!?" Amy snarled. "You're blaming me!?"

"If you hadn't run off and stayed put like the Doctor asked, you wouldn't have needed to be saved. I don't know what he sees in you, but I do hope you won't keep messing up in the future." Shadow looked away and into space.

"But boy, that chaos control of yours comes in handy." Rouge smiled.

"Oh, everyone is here." Eggman walked in on the three. "I assume you have the emeralds, Rouge?"

"Yes, but all together we only have 6. Didn't we need all 7?"

"6 is more than enough." Shadow snatched the emerald out of Rouge's hand. "I'm sure the doctor would like to demonstrate."

"Demonstrate what?" Amy frowned.

"The beginning of a new empire," Eggman smirked.

"Let's get this show started, shall we?" Shadow walked off. He lead the others to a large computer screen and placed the emeralds on a wall next to it. Eggman tapped some buttons and pulled up another window that reflected his face.

"You're live Doctor." Shadow nodded.

"Hello, World!" Eggman laughed. "My name is Doctor Eggman, and I am the greatest scientist in the world, as well as your soon-to-be ruler of the greatest empire known to man on your planet!" He pressed a large button.

The space station began to shake and Amy struggled to steady herself. Rouge caught onto her before she could fall, and pointed out the window. "What is that?" Amy blinked.

"I think... is that a?"

"It's the Eclipse Cannon." Shadow chipped in. "Not many knew about the weapon that the Ark had stored away. I see now that it's finally being put to good use."

"A cannon?" Amy gulped.

Everyone watched as the Space Colony Ark transformed. It rotated and aimed for the moon. Eggman smashed another button and the cannon began to load, and a few seconds later a large blue beam spewed out of it, hitting the moon directly and blowing half of it to pieces.

"HO HO HO HO!" Eggman laughed. He could only imagine the screams of terror going on by the people of the planet. "And if you don't surrender yourselves to my empire in 24 hours, your planet will fare the same fate." He cut the broadcast with a grim smile.

Amy felt sick to her stomach. The doctor just destroyed half the moon! She couldn't believe what she witnessed.

"You okay, Darling?" Rouge asked. "Your face is kinda pale."

"I... I'm fine." Amy responded.

"Isn't it amazing, Rose?" Eggman snickered. "Our time has finally come! Soon the Eggman empire will be established and we will both have what we've been wanting for years!"