Chapter 10

"Here is your dinner, Doctor. Don't forget to eat before you go to take a nap." Amy placed a tray of food beside Eggman's arm as he tinkered.

"Thank you, Rose," Eggman smirked and looked at his plate. "Ooh! Tilapia and roasted asparagus!" He placed his screwdriver down and picked up his fork. When he placed the food in his mouth, it felt like his taste buds were exploding from excitement. Amy's cooking has tremendously improved.

"What are you building this time, Doctor?" Amy leaned forward to examine the tools.

"I'm creating rocket boot features for Metal Sonic."

"Wait... METAL Sonic?" Amy blinked at him in surprise. "Why are you creating a metal version of Sonic? I wouldn't even want to see that blue jerk, let alone a robot of him!" Amy said, but her heart thought otherwise. She was denying the fact that she had fallen in love with him the moment he saved her.

"Oh, I didn't tell you." Eggman motioned her over to a sheet that covered a pointy object. He uncovered the sheet, revealing one of his old bots. "Amy, meet Metal Sonic. I built this bot 4 years ago when I was trying to establish my empire on Little Planet. That was when I met you."

"Huh." Amy poked the bot in its arm and its eyes lit up a blood red. The robot moved and looked at Amy, and Amy squeaked in response. "Ah! It's alive!"

"Of course it is!" Eggman snorted. "I keep it on its charger for whenever I want to use him." Eggman placed the bot upright and began installing the new feet he was tinkering with.

"He's kind of... cute." Amy smiled at the robot.

"Don't be ridiculous! He's designed to be a vicious lethal weapon, and ugly as that menace. 'Cute' DOESN'T describe him at all!"

"So what are you going to use him for?" Amy hummed.

"I've made some major fixes to his interior. He's now capable of absorbing and using the master emerald's power."

"There's a MASTER emerald?" Amy gasped.

"Indeed! And with the power of the master emerald, Sonic will have met his match!"

"Awesome!"

"And you're going to be responsible for him." Eggman finished his sentence, to get a questioning gaze from Amy in response.

"What!?"

"You heard me. You'll be the one who will make sure that Metal gets the master emerald without Sonic meddling in. If you're successful, I may consider gifting you a hefty reward." Eggman laughed and placed his hands on his waist. "The master emerald will be a little harder to snag because of that red echidna Knuckles. He lingers around that rock 24/7."

"Doctor, isn't it a little too soon to send me with another robot by myself? I don't even know how to control this... thing. And how I'm I supposed to get to the master emerald anyway? You told me it was on Angel Island, and it orbits around the sky!"

"Metal Sonic follows orders upon voice command. It's an improved feature." Eggman smiled. "Metal, activate your propulsion system! Show Rose here how fast you are!"

Metal hopped in the air and accelerated upwards before landing swiftly behind Amy. She shrieked and turned around, surprised by his speed. "He's almost as fast as—"

"Metal can fly you to Angel Island. You'll be able to see the master emerald from in the air, you just have to make sure that the hotheaded friend of Sonic's isn't around. With proper control, Metal can take him. So don't go calling for help. This is your chance to prove yourself once again."

"Y-yes Doctor!" Amy saluted and waited for Eggman to walk away before she relaxed. She tapped Metal Sonic on its shoulder and the robot shifted its head to look at her. "I guess we'll be work buddies Huh? In that case, let's work well together. I'll scratch your... uh... Metal back? And you scratch mine... I guess."

"Scratch..." Metal responded groggily.

"You can talk! I assume the doctor added that too so it's easier for us to communicate. He really is a genius!" Amy snorted and grabbed the bot by its wrist. "Cmon! Let's go and see what else you can do!"

Metal raised its head to the ceiling and grasped Amy's hand. Then without warning, it leaped and burst open the roof of Eggman's lab, dragging Amy along with him. "WAIT! I'm gonna fall! This wasn't what I told you to do!"

~

Metal landed on Angel Island sloppily, throwing Amy to the ground as it did so. Her face was covered in dirt and she spat out some grass that went in her mouth. "Ugh! Metal! You could've put me down gently you know!"

"Emerald..." Metal replied to her.

"Yes, we are supposed to go after the master emerald, but you're supposed to follow MY orders!" Amy snarled. She took a deep breath and cleaned herself off a bit before studying her surroundings. "Okay, we're here. If we follow this path, we'll reach the altar."

"Rose... Emerald."

"I hear you." Amy rolled her eyes. "My map is leading us this way. Follow me!"

"Emerald... Emerald..."

"Halt!" Amy huffed and poked the robot on its head. "For the rest of the way, I don't wanna hear you make a peep! If you keep talking, then Sonic's friend will probably hear you!"

She stopped walking and turned on her heel. "Now, when we encounter Sonic's friend what are you going to do?"

"Destroy Sonic..."

"No! You're going to distract Knuckles and lead him away from the emerald. I'll secure it and carry it down to the edge of the island, and you take me and the emerald back to the lair. That is the plan!" Amy frowned. "There is no need for anyone to be destroyed."

"Kill... Sonic..."

"Distract Knuckles... KNUCKLES!" Amy groaned in frustration.

"Knuckles..."

"Yes, Knuckles!" Amy repeated. "Distract Knuckles. Input that in your memory or something. No kill, no destroy, just distract Knuckles."

Before Amy could say anything else, Metal sped off ahead. She tripped after being shoved roughly by the bot and twisted her ankle.

"Sonic... Kill Sonic... Emerald..."

"Ow! You stupid robot!" Amy pushed herself off the ground and brushed the dirt off her gloves. She stepped forward and stumbled. The pain in her right leg slowed her down. "Great! My ankle is probably sprained and now I have to deal with this stupid robot who won't listen and find the emerald all on my own! Ow—" She winced.