Chapter 16

"Alright, listen up because I'm only going to say this once. I've been here already, so I don't need anyone to screw up!" Eggman spat. "Shadow and Rouge, after I jam the systems and distract the troops, you both are going to sneak inside the prison and get ahold of those Chaos emeralds. Rouge will go for the emeralds in the cargo area and Shadow will enter the armory and set a timer for this dynamite pack to go off."

"You're going to blow up the entire island!?" Amy gasped.

"We have to. We shouldn't leave any traces of our presence behind. Then once the island is up in flames, we will get away without anyone noticing. Amy, you're going to stay here and look out for unwanted visitors."

"But—"

"Let's get a move on!" Eggman shouted. "We only have 30 minutes to do this, am I understood?"

"Don't worry, I've got it all covered Eggman." Rouge smiled.

"Understood," Shadow responded.

Eggman blasted a hole into one of the walls of the prison, and an alarm went off. Eggman quickly tapped away and pressed all kinds of buttons in his egg mobile. He sent a vast wavelength and all the alarms went haywire, meaning that the cameras and detection systems were all malfunctioning.

Shadow and Rouge quickly went inside after Eggman, leaving Amy there perplexed. A moment later, she noticed the X-Tornado landing by the entrance. Her job was to stop him, but something was telling her that she should let him through.

Amy quickly ran over to the plane and watched as Tails shifted the level and it turned into Cyclone mode. "Tails!" She hollered.

"Amy? Amy!" Tails gasped. "What are you doing here!?"

"I need to tell you something—"

"Yeah? Well, I came to save Sonic, and you're not gonna get my way! I'm not gonna hold back this time!" Tails yelled.

"W-wait!" She squeaked. "Eggman went berserk! He's planning something huge! You have to listen to me! It's not safe here, you have to leave!"

"And why should I listen to you? You want me to leave? Yeah right! You only want to stop me from saving Sonic!"

"That isn't the case!" Amy groaned. "There's a bomb—"

"Out of my way Amy!" The cyclone began walking away and towards the entrance.

"Wait!" Amy whined. "Ugh! You don't even know where Sonic is!" She called after him. Tails ignored her and pressed forward. Amy glanced behind her and back into the empty hall. She decided to go after Tails herself and try her best to convince him to go.

She knew that Sonic would be able to save himself. But if Tails were blown to bits, she was afraid of what Sonic would do.

~

Amy was lost. The prison was massive. Tails had gone chaos knows where, and she was about ready to cry. She didn't know how much time she had left until the island went kaboom.

She sniffled and stopped in front of a particular large door. Since the doctor had jammed the systems, the door was unlocked. She pressed a green button on the keypad and it unlocked effortlessly. She pushed the door open, and the room was large with a cell on the other end.

There, she spotted Sonic who was leaning against the wall casually with his eyes closed and ran up to the cage. "Sonic!" She huffed and took deep breaths.

Sonic opened one eye, and then opened the other when he saw who was in front of him. "Amy?" He blinked. "Did you come to gloat?" He scoffed.

"N-no!" Amy frowned. "I... I came to warn you... and help you. But this is the only time I'm gonna do it? OKAY? And you better not tell the doctor, or else!"