Chapter 21

Amy panted heavily as she ran through the forest. Her heart pounded in her chest with every step she took. She was running away from something, or someone. Amy's foot caught onto a tree root and she fell over.

"AGH!" She shrieked when her knees hit the dirt. Not too far behind her was the loud sound of a massive badnik, the X-Zone stomping straight at her.

"Thought you could get away, Rose?" Eggman cackled. "Since you've decided to go against my orders, I'm going to make you regret it!"

"I... It was right for me to stop working for you!" Amy huffed. "Sonic and his friends are the good guys, you're the bully! I don't want to have anything to do with your evil schemes anymore!"

"You think those rodents will appreciate you?" Eggman smirked.

"No doubt!" Amy spat.

Eggman snapped his fingers and the X-Zone raised its robot foot high over Amy's head. "Let's see what happens when Sonic doesn't come to save you!" The X-Zone brought its foot down. Amy screamed.

She screamed so loud it woke her out of her sleep. Her face was sweating heavily. When Amy realized that it was only a nightmare, she wiped her head and took a deep breath.

A month had passed since the Space Colony Ark fiasco. Dr. Eggman hasn't contacted Amy ever since the incident. However, that didn't mean he was finished causing havoc in the nearby town.

Over time, Amy was getting used to this lifestyle of doing good. She was very content with the fact that she had made new friends. But she knew that being a part of the team was a bit... annoying. Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles were all guys.

Even though Tails was kind enough to let her stay and live in his workshop in mystic ruins, she wished that there was another girl she could hang and do girl things with. And Rouge was always super busy with her GUN agent job, so it was hard to schedule a time to do things with her.

Amy rolled out of bed and fixed her messy quills. Then she walked over to a nearby window and opened it. The sunlight peered through the glass and Amy looked at the alarm clock on a dresser. "Oh! It's almost noon!" She squeaked and quickly got dressed out of her pajamas into her usual outfit.

Then she grabbed a toothbrush and toothpaste, rushed into the bathroom, and continued her morning routine. "I was supposed to show Tails a recipe." She mumbled and rinsed her face.

Amy stopped when she heard a knock on the bathroom door. She quickly wiped her face with a towel and opened it slowly. "Y-yes?"

"Amy! You're not gonna believe what I saw last night! Wait, are you okay?" Tails blinked at her.

"I'm fine. Good morning, by the way." Amy smiled.

"Good morning!" Tails blushed, ashamed that he forgot his manners.

"What did you see?"

"I found Sonic!"

"You did?" Amy gasped. The past few days have been hectic. Eggman decided to come back in full swing with another plot to take over the planet by capturing the small animals and turning them into robots. Knuckles and Tails were the first to want to stop him, but what surprised Amy was when Sonic invited her along to stop Dr. Eggman.

She hesitated at first but gradually accepted. Successfully, they prevented the evil genius from causing more harm, but Sonic went to go stop him up in space again. They haven't seen him ever since.

"Where is he!?" Amy grabbed onto Tails's arm.

"Well, I didn't exactly find his location. But last night, I was making some fixes to the tornado, and I just so happened to look to the sky. And I saw Super Sonic flying! That means he's going to come home soon!"