Chapter 14

A week went by and the doctor was more than livid that his plan was ruined yet again. Eggman not only had to deal with starting all over again but he also had no lair to return to. The Doctor, Metal Sonic, and Amy all had to relocate to the hidden lair in Station Square.

Occasionally, Eggman would go back to the waste of his old base and dig through the debris to bring back some of his old bots. In the meantime, Amy began contemplating what Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles were all saying. There was an odd feeling poking at her heart and mind. Part of her wondered if she really was doing the right thing by working under Eggman's commands.

"Hey Metal." Amy sat in front of him on a lab stool. "Do you ever wonder if Eggman... is doing the right thing? Like, do you ever get this strange feeling?"

"...No. Eggman... master." The robot replied.

Amy sighed. "I must be crazy. Robots don't have feelings."

"Dr. Eggman... master."

"I know he is, but... I just have this weird feeling. I can't even sleep well these days. Maybe I should tell the Doctor..."

"Tell the Doctor what?" Eggman entered the lab with a large box full of tools and robot parts, along with materials in his arms.

"Doctor—"

"Clear the desk for me, would you?"

"O-of course." Amy slid papers and blueprints on the lab counter to the side. Eggman placed the box down and started rummaging through it. "I was just telling Metal. Well, Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails all told me that you were up to no good. And that you were evil."

"Hah! It figures they would say that!" Eggman snorted. "These days, annoying pests like them love playing the victim card."

"Yeah..." Amy giggled nervously. "I didn't think they were telling me the truth. But I just wanted to hear from you. I was starting to second guess—"

"Rose." Eggman tapped her on the shoulder and she stopped talking. "Do you think I'm evil?" Eggman's lips formed into a smug smile. He knew exactly what he was doing by asking her that. He knew that Amy's loyalty was being challenged and although he could easily dispose of her if she didn't want to work under him anymore, he still needed her to finish some things.

"... I don't know Doctor. I don't think you're a bad person, I just think that some of your projects are a little overboard." Amy confessed.

"And that is the whole reason why I'm doing what I'm doing. Forming your own opinion isn't always right, and it causes disorderly conduct. It causes war and fighting. The fact is, people need to be controlled! Do you want everyone to continue arguing with each other Amy?"

"N-no." She shook her head.

"Exactly. That's why the Eggman empire must be put into effect!" He stated passionately, in a way that had Amy convinced. "Don't let those buffoons play with your feelings, especially the blue one. He's known for being quite the dashing fellow among the female audience and sweeps women off their feet. That's how he gets to you."

Jealousy and pain spread in Amy's heart and her face grew red. She recalled the many times he saved her and bit her lip. Eggman on the other hand was suspecting that maybe Amy's loyalty was faltering because she was attracted to Sonic.

He may have not been a real Doctor, but he knew that Sonic and Amy have encountered before. He wasn't stupid to not believe that there was something there between the two. They were both hedgehogs after all.

"I guess you're right."

"You guess?"

"You are right." Amy huffed.