Chapter Five

Of all people, it had to be the daughters. You dash down the hall and rushed into the kitchen, grabbing some random shit to try to look busy. You start playing dough on a pan and popped it in the oven. You cleaned your mess and watched the dough raise and cook. Alex would freak out if he knew I was making cookies. You smirked at that thought. You inhaled the smell and sighed. Once the timer dinged you took the cookies out and let them cool down.

Placing the cookies on the cooling rack, you finished up cleaning and headed out and headed to the library where you start cleaning and dusting. You stand on a ladder and start to dust the top shelves. As you're cleaning you heard buzzing behind you, you turn but see no one. You shrugged it off and continue dusting. The buzzing gets louder.

"Who's Alex?" Daniela asks, making you jump and yelp.

"Dear Mother fucking Miranda." You curse, covering your heart, "Y'all gonna give me a fucking heart attack." Daniela giggles and gets up close to you.

"So who's is this Alex?" She asks again. You pull back and your heart starts pounding, Shit, I really don't want to talk about it.

"Uh...he's...uh" you stutter, "It's no one." You lie. Daniela cocks her head and smirks, "I feel your heart racing. It's someone important to you, isn't he?" You look away, trying not to get to upset. You step down the ladder and make your way to the fire place and put more wood, trying to avoid the topic. I really don't want to talk about. I rather clean and get tired than talk about it. Daniela stands behind you, feeling your  uncomfortableness.

After putting wood in the fire you got up and headed out with a word. Rushing down the hall, you make your way to the den where you start to clean and and dust the statues that line the walls of the room. As your dusting and cleaning you hum and dance to the song in your head. Spinning around and dusting, humming. You get all the dusting done.

Once you were done with the den you make your way to the next room, continuing singing, dusting, and dancing. By dinner time you helped out in the kitchen, making food and pastries. Alyssa and Ray walked in and helped you. You and Ray strike up a conversation, while making the frosting.

"So how's your second day of work going?" Ray asked. You shrugged and sighed, "Not to bad. I got caught sleeping this morning by the lady's girls, and bumped into the lady herself right after." Ray looks at you in disbelief.

"No! Really?!" She asked. You only nod and continue your work.

Once you got the main food and pastries done, the other maids take them out to the Dimitrescu's. You at with the rest of the maids and ate dinner with them. The sound giggles and clattering if silverware filled the room as all the maids ate together.

------------

It's been a week since you left home and worked at the castle. You gotten use to the routine of waking up at five o'clock, getting ready and heading down to the kitchen and prepping the food for the day, then cleaning and dusting all the artifacts and statues in all the rooms that you were assigned. You and Ray have gotten close and became best friends.

It's Seven in the morning and you're getting food ready in the kitchen with Ray and a few other maids. Y'all are singing and dancing to Crying in the Club by Camila Cabello. With a huge smile on your face and dance and spin around with bowl of frosting for the cinnamon rolls. Once everything was placed on the trays, You, Ray and another maid, make your way to the dinning room.

Ray stops Infront of you making you freeze in your tracks. When Ray places the drinks down on the table and doesn't move. With a smile on your face you shouted at her.