Author's Note

Hi, my loves!!!

I'm so so so happy that you chose to read my book! This story is about Alara Su Waters, a criminal defense attorney in the making. She's kind, sweet, and loyal but also extremely passionate, intelligent, and determined. As you've read in the tiny explanation box, her life is going to be flipped upside down by a single kiss...

This isn't a cliché story but that doesn't mean that I don't love a few cliché elements.

Our main girl is a ray of sunshine while our main boy would take his gun and shoot the sun if he could. If you love the grumpy and sunshine trope, the independent and adorable girl trope, the mysterious yet funny man with a dark past who only has a soft spot for the girl trope AND the girl who can't seem to get herself out of trouble trope... You've come to the right place.

I would consider this a new-adult romance book with mysterious and dark undertones. Therefore please note the following trigger warnings:

• Graphic descriptions of violence ( a serial killer, stalker, murder, etc...)

• Strong language ( unfiltered cursing and swearing )

• Sexuality ( I mean, duh! )

• Mention of partner violence ( with an ex )

• Possibly slight mistakes surrounding the law aspect of things ( I'm a law student not yet a graduate so there might be a few SMALL mistakes )

The next chapter is filled with the aesthetics of the people you'll read about the most in the first few chapters. The characters you'll meet along the way remain mysterious and completely up to your imagination. They're all up to your imagination of course since I'm not doing any face claims.

I'll be putting a TW at the start of any chapter that I think might need it. If I somehow miss a chapter, you can always private message me and I'll correct it.

Enjoy it, my darlings!!!

- Daphne