Chapter 13 | The Parisian Lights

( POV: ALARA SU WATERS )

I wake up in the middle of the night, my throat so dry that a desert can't even compete with me. I manage to roll around in the extremely comfortable bed, burying my face in the pillows for a few more minutes. I let out an aggravated breath before forcing myself to get up

My phone is still plugged in but I can tell that it's already charged. I check to see how late it is, 4 o'clock. Good, I can continue to sleep after I pour an entire ocean down my throat.

The room is relatively small but it's still beautiful. I didn't pay much attention to it earlier because I was too distracted by Zane. There are pastel colors everywhere. Paintings hanging on each wall, flowers on the windowsill, and a rocking chair in the corner of the room. There's a large window beside the rocking chair, it illuminates the room. I step toward it for a moment, admiring the city. The moon casts a glow on everything and everyone, this room included.

I get distracted by the lights of the city but I manage to step away, walking toward the kitchen to still my thirst. It's dark here but I don't turn the lights on, I want to be quick about it. I take an empty glass pouring water into it from the pitcher that's on the counter. I lean against it, taking a few sips. A breath of relief escapes me, practically a moan.

My dreams might be the reason for my sudden midnight water crisis. I might have dreamed about tonight ending a little differently. I'm not even ashamed about it. I want his hands all over me, I want his lips on my neck while mine are roaming through his hair. I want to feel him.

I've found men attractive before but I never craved one's touch until now. I want Zane to ruin me. Physically of course. I want to be left a sweating and breathless mess. My own thoughts surprise me. It's almost scary.

I continue to drink my water because that's all I can do. It makes me feel a bit better, the cold water stills my-

Wait. How is this water so cold if it's on the counter?

Wh- "Don't freak out."

A startled scream escapes my throat and the glass slips from my fingers. I scream out in fear, "Oh fuck!" but then I see his face. "Zane? What are you doing!" I clutch my chest and try to take a deep breath.

"Wait, don't move." he flicks on the small light on the counter and brushes the glass parts away before I accidentally step onto them. Once he throws that away, he shuts the light off- noticing that the bright light is hurting my eyes. "I was standing here when you came. I thought that you had noticed me. You hadn't. And then I didn't want to scare you but it's very creepy to just stand here and watch you." He explains while I burst out into laughter.