Chapter 12 | The Two Day Trip

( POV: ALARA SU WATERS )

I wake up when I feel the cold air hit me like a brick. I hear people conversing and that makes me open my eyes. Zane is standing in front of the door, I glance down, seeing his jacket draped over me like a warm blanket.

He's talking to- a pilot? He's definitely talking to a pilot. Because behind him... I see a private jet...

It's humongous. Dare I say as big as a normal plane. The jet is beautifully white, the steps are too. It's very clean.

I move up, stretching a little. It attracts Zane's attention, and he turns toward me. "I was just going to wake you up," He smiles, "Ready?" he holds his hand out for me to take and I do. He takes his jacket from me and drapes it around my shoulders so I'm not freezing. I hold onto it because it's very cold here. Zane wraps his arm around my shoulder, brushing his hand over my arm to keep me warm.

"Alara, I'd like to introduce you to Andrea, our pilot for tonight."

I hold my hand out to the man, trying not to act too surprised. "It's very nice to meet you, Miss Waters." he nods and I return the sentiment.

"Excuse me for my astonishment but... Uhm. Where are we flying off to?"

Andrea looks at Zane, grinning when he realizes that I clearly have no idea what's going on. He's a tall man, with light brown eyes and even lighter brown hair. He's wearing a classic pilot uniform, white, black, and gold. He even has the wing pin on his breast pocket.

"Princess," Zane says, causing me to glance up at him. "I thought you liked surprises."

"I do," I smile. "Forget I asked," I tell the pilot. "I do not want to know at all."

Zane leans down to whisper into my ear, "I can tell if you really want to know."

"Nope," I dramatically shake my head. "I'm fine without knowing! Let's go." I grasp his hand, tugging him forward. I immediately lose my boldness and remain calm near him when we come to a halt in front of the steps.

"Go on," Zane says, the smile in his voice evident. He wants me to go first but when he notices that I won't, he walks up on the first few steps and extends his hand to me. I take it and follow him up.

My eyes are wide as I take everything in. The inside is even better than the outside. Completely midnight blue furniture. Two flight attendants are sweetly smiling at both of us. One man and one woman, both dressed in the same color uniform as the furniture.

Zane greets them, shaking their hands and I do too. The co-pilot is here as well and Zane introduces him to me. Zane tells me that there's a literal bedroom at the back of the plane. A shower too. I can't hide my amazement.

We get settled for takeoff, I take the seat on the left side, and he does too, settling beside me. I tighten the seatbelt around me, waiting for the plane to get off the ground. It's always a little stressful. Zane's looking at me, I feel that so I turn to meet his gaze. "Are you scared?"