Chapter 17 | The Pink Box

( POV: ALARA SU WATERS )

After explaining to Liz why I never made it back to our room, I step out of the room and rush toward Harry's.

Meyers overwhelmed me last night. He caught me off guard. I don't want to flirt with a serial killer! I'm not going to do that. "Duncan!" I slam my fist against his door. "Are you up? Ha-" He opens the door and I almost fall in. "Morning." I give him a sweet smile but he's not amused.

His hair is an absolute mess. I think he was busy fixing that when I came knocking. He's dressed in a navy suit which matches my blue dress. That was the entire idea. Meyers texted us this morning making sure that we wore blue today. He wants us to be a united front.

"What are you doing here, Alara?" He groans, he still has his morning voice. I walk in, looking around his room. It's not as neat as it was last time.

"What happened in here?"

"I woke up late."

"I can hear that. Anyway, did Meyers talk to you yesterday?"

Harry walks past me, gesturing for me to sit down. I sit on the chair next to the bed, watching him as he does his hair. "He tried to but I ignored him. What did he want?"

"He searched multiple rooms to find me. I wasn't in my room," I explain. "But he still found me, he-"

"Where were you?"

"With uhm Sebastian." I spit it out, I don't know why I struggled with saying it. I don't want him to think that I'm just fooling around. That's not what this is. I am taking this trial seriously, I truly am.

"Sebastian Sartori?"

I nod and he scoffs, "What's he doing here anyway?"

"He's my friend." I let out.

Harry looks over at me, "Friend. Sure."

"Well okay more than a friend. I don't know yet but that's not important, is it? I'm not asking you what you're doing in your free time."

He's done so he puts on his suit jacket and comes to sit right in front of me, "If you were here a little earlier you wouldn't have to ask."

"Ew, Duncan!" I look away in disgust. "I don't need to know that." I sigh and I watch as he chuckles. "Anyway, let me get to my point." I continue, "He wants me to flirt with Bennet."

Harry frowns, looking at me with disbelief written on his face, "Meyers? That's not his- you know what? It actually is. What a fucking asshole."