Chapter 6 | The Night Out

( POV: ALARA SU WATERS )

I can't stop myself from yawning, "Sorry!" I apologize to the nail technician because I keep accidentally pulling my hands away from him.

Shyla decided that we needed a DONI. Day out, night in. That's what we call having a fun time together outside during the day and then a fun time together inside during the night.

We're getting our nails done right now, correction they are. I'm just getting a manicure and a soft baby pink color. My nails aren't extremely short but they are definitely not long. I can't handle long nails.

I'm too much of a klutz. I also hate eating with my nails. In my culture we eat a lot with our hands, we can dip our bread into literally everything and we love our saucy juicy meals.

Now Shyla for example shares that eating with your hands culture but! And it's a big but! Shyla doesn't accidentally bite her nails when she eats. I do...

I have no idea how I do it but the three times that I decided to get my nails done, I bit on them while eating. So no... Sadly no gorgeous nails for me. But I'm definitely trying again some time because when I look at Shyla's beautiful nail art, I want to cry.

Lizzie is a chef and she can certainly still cook with nails but she too decides not to do it. I think she's a little too impatient to wait at least an hour for the nails to be done.

But that woman cooks in heels, lives and breathes heels. So she can suffer daily foot murder and she can wait hours for a meal to be done but she can't wait two hours for her nails? Yes indeed. Selective patience.

"When are you going to tell us who you're filming with?" Lizzie asks, teasing Shyla.

"Hmm, when you make me shepherd's pie again."

"I can do that. Tell me and I'll have it on your doorstep by tonight."

Shyla chuckles, "It's a superhero movie." She says, Liz and I gasp immediately and I almost move my hands again.

"Honey, I can't get this done if you keep moving." The nail tech smiles.

"I'm so sorry! I'm a very handsy, touchy-feely person. I talk with my hands, you know?"

"I can tell." He says with a chuckle. "But I have to say I'm intrigued too, what superhero movie?" He asks Shyla and we laugh.

"Sweetheart, I can't tell you," Shyla smirks.

"Ugh, bitch." Liz rolls her eyes. "Bet you have one of those buff actors on set, don't you? Wait! You would tell me if you had Rachel McAdams on set right?"

"Nope," Shyla is quick to say. "Babe, you're obsessed with her. I mean you want to be her and also be with her."

"That's true, Liz." I chuckle but Shyla swiftly turns to me.