Chapter 14 | The Workout

( POV: ALARA SU WATERS )

I wake up as sweaty as one can be. When Zane wished me sweet dreams I didn't expect them to be this sweet. Or spicy. It was both actually.

I roll out of bed, rubbing my hands over my eyes as I try to wake up. I immediately begin to undress and hop underneath the shower before even looking at the time. It seemed bright enough in the room so it must be somewhere near noon by now.

The cold water washes my sleep away. It drowns my lust-filled dreams and prepares me for the flashbacks of our short trip to France. I haven't had time to process much of it. Especially not the way he acted last night... It was more than I could handle.

My heart still skips a beat when I think back to how his lips brushed over my skin. Everything about it was perfect. Everything we did, every conversation we had, every single exchange... He's perfect.

But! I won't allow myself to fall so quickly. I won't be the first and I won't fall the hardest. I refuse to get my heart broken again. Even though I don't think that I'm acting like it.

Maybe I should be a bit tougher. Meaner perhaps...

I put on a bathrobe and pat my hair with the towel before stepping out of the bathroom. I hear a knock on my door the second I do so. I make sure that I'm not exposed before I open the door. I don't find anyone here. Only a cart with room service. There's a vase with fresh flowers next to it. And a note. I slowly reach out for it and take it.

Good morning, princess. I hope you had wonderful dreams. I'm looking forward to seeing you today. Enjoy your breakfast.

I have the stupidest smile on my face. I quickly try to wipe it off in case he can see me. I roll the cart inside, still smiling at the note. It's not until I reach the table that I notice something.

The entire seating area of the room is filled with bags. And I mean huge bags filled with god knows what. I carefully step toward it, it's only when I see the names written on them that I calm down. But that calmness is followed by instant shock.

"Oh, my-"

Dozens of bags filled with almost every single thing that I looked at in the stores of Lyon and Paris. The blue crocodile skin style bag, various lip oils, heels, blushes...

It's all way too much.

I move toward my phone so I can call him immediately but while I'm doing that my eyes land on the flowers that he chose. The same flowers that were on the table when we had lunch after that shopping session.

"I know that the flowers are pretty but I think that I am pretty too, am I not?"

He truly has an eye for details. That's probably how he even knew that I liked all of this stuff. But it's way too much. I feel like a gold digger or a sugar baby.