Extra: Bizarre, Indeed

Stillness, bleeding through the air, twisting with the iotas of raw tension to form an otherworldly blend.

Upon the ruined mountaintop, they faced one another, the skies smothered with amber as shreds of ash fluttered like bits of oxygen.

The teenage girl smirked. "So, you've finally appeared. Took you long enough."

The tiny demon narrowed her eyes. "Your lieutenants are already gone, Monika. No one to protect you now."

"Not like I was the only one with losses."

Monika gestured to the side, where the wolf girl and she of the tentacles lay atop the rocky ground, lifeless.

"They fought the good fight," Agatha argued. "They did their best so that I could stand here. I won't let their battles go to waste!"

"Such gallantry. Unfortunately"—Monika smirked—"it won't mean much when I break you."

"We'll see about that." The little girl shifted into a battle stance, and with resonant resolve, she roared, "Come, Diamond Wyvix!"

At once, a phantom-like being sprouted from Agatha's shadow—a fierce triple-headed dragon, each eye glimmering with violet as flames of the shame shade spilled past its sharpened teeth.

Monika was less than impressed.

"So, that's your Stand?" she asked. "I'd heard about it, but I didn't think it'd look so mean. I can see how some of my lieutenants went down. But the results will be the same." A grin. "You're finished."

The villain went into her own battle stance.

"Perceive, Platinum Kronos!"

From her backside, an elegant apparition sprouted into existence—a mythical woman flaunting a fanciful dress and slim hourglass.

Monika outstretched her hand. "My Stand is the pinnacle of all creations. With it, fate is literally in my grasp. What hope could you possibly have of outmatching me?"

The little girl refused to falter, her heart bolder than a lion's.

"I'll push forward," she assured. "Now that I'm here, nothing's stopping me!"

The two forces merely studied one another, waiting for the golden opportunity as their bones tasted stiffness.

"You sure you wanna ride this one out?" Monika asked.

"No doubt."

The calm before the storm.

Then . . .

"Guys! Food's ready!"

Instantly, the girls found themselves back in Agatha's backyard, the zephyr kissing their skin as at the back door to the house, MC called to them.

Quick as could be, Wolfette sprang up from the ground to race inside. "Sandwiches!"

Meredith, too, rose to her feet, brushing the blades of grass off her skirt.

Agatha pointed at her opponent. "We shall finish this after our meal! Prepare yourself, final boss!"

My babysittee sauntered into the house along with the other two.

"Thanks for the food, MC," Monika sang on her way in.

"No problem."

My face didn't dare stray from its confusion.

Stand?

Platinum Kronos?

. . .

What the f*ck were they playing?