Episode 15.5: Of Good and Evil

The demons stood around the portal, a hush swept across as they tossed aside the last of their doubts.

"It's up to them now," Miss Lamella said. "I'm certain that MC will pull through. After all, they always do. As for us, we still have our own part to succeed in."

"And what exactly would that entail?" Ollie asked. "Standing around as we twiddle our thumbs?"

The alpha demon shook her head. "Not in the slightest. There are two reasons why I chose to do the operation here rather than the Org's HQ, Ollie. Would you like to know them?"

"I'm all ears."

"First: In the possibility of damages to the property, I'm sure you won't mind so long as I compensate well."

The zombie girl cast her doubt. "A little debatable, but sure."

"The second reason"—Miss Lamella smirked—"Your home would be easy to break into."

Boom!

On cue, a force mightier than a boulder burst through the ceiling, its trajectory headed straight for the children's bodies.

But before the newcomer could approach another inch, the alpha demon bared her fangs, summoning hefty chains to wrap around the invader and hurl them into the back wall. A shelf's worth of vials and beakers shattered on impact.

"I'll add it to the receipt," Miss Lamella said.

Ollie couldn't have been more done.

"It's cool," she replied. "Only a couple months' worth of research on that shelf, but it's cool. You do you, boss."

Through the dust and debris, a low growl slithered through, and as the air cleared, the invader's identity became clear.

Riot.

The alpha demon was less than impressed.

"You again?" she asked. "South not doing you too kindly? Had to have transferred there for a reason, no?"

"Let's just say I have unfinished business," the symbiote hissed.

"Well, seeing as how you've walked into your own grave, I suppose such business will remain 'unfinished.'"

"We'll see about that."

Through the opening in the roof, two more figures crashed into the scene: the monstrous vampire and the king of brutes himself, Talis.

The Keeper of the South sneered.

"Not the type to move on, are we, Little Lamella?" he asked. "I thought we were finished with this little charade, but since that mortal is back, you must still be delusional."

"Delusional? No." Upon the Western Keeper's gaze, pure malice unfolded. "Irritated? Absolutely."

Talis remained unfazed, shrugging casually.

"I did what needed to be done," he said. "Mortals don't belong here. They are not our equals." He chuckled. "If anything, you should be thankful I killed those brats. Now, they don't have to learn from the wrong example."

Malak trembled, his fury seething, but Slenderman held him back.

"Say whatever you like," Miss Lamella said. "The outcome won't change. MC is coming back with the lives you foolishly misplaced."

"Yeah?" Savagery seeped into the werewolf's person, his glare darkening as saliva dribbled down his widened grin. "How about this? I'm gonna kill all of you right here, and when that moron comes back, I'll take their head? Sound like a plan?"

Miss Lamella held her chin high. "You won't get the chance. Monokuma!"

The pocket-sized plush sprung to life, his strut confident as he headed to the center of the room.

"Upupupu!" he chuckled. "Looks like it's my time to shine!"

Talis held back his own laughter. "What? You're gonna beat me with this shrimp of a doll? You sure you're not delusional?"

"Adatina is far from it, as she already said. As for me, I'm in the same boat as herself." At once, malice bled from the bear's crimson oculus. "I'm pissed off. And I can't wait to dance on your corpses."

Voom!

With a flash of his gaze, a majority of the lab's dwellers vanished from existence, leaving only Monokuma, Monika, Senko, Banda's father, and Ollie.

The bear swiftly plopped onto the floor, his concentration tested.

"Some help, ladies!" he cried.

Monika and mama fox came to the call, approaching the plush to extend their arms and steadily gift him their energy.

"Stages are set," Ollie said. "Now, we wait."