(12)

ADRIAN POV:

I carried Rae back to the room and bandaged the stitched scar, "This will keep it stitch sealed and secure." I said and Rae smiled at me, "Okay Adri, I'll be more careful this time." She said and it made me feel better.

We went to bed at 10:30pm after dinner, I felt something warm and soft, I woke up and saw Rae cuddling me into her chest. I cuddled back and I felt her hand in my hair, her fingers played with my hair too. I felt at ease when she was by my side.

The next morning, I went to work and met with other alphas and lunas, I told them about my mate and warned them that she's not the Luna to mess with. They understood, "Alpha Adrian, can we meet her?" Luna Gale asked and I nodded, Rae came to me and hugged me, she became shy about the other lunas, Gale and the other women befriended her really quick,
My brother jack looked at me with a smile. "Bro, you found yourself a very strong woman like her, treat her like a queen, make her feel that she has the world when you're with her." He said and I nodded my head. I guess that's what Rae's brother try to tell me, luckily my beautiful mate is out of harms way and out of that cruel and malicious pack.

Rae and Gale talked and it turned out pretty well. Rae's opening up to other packs slowly and the alpha that she cut both hands off, apologized to us and I accepted, Rae already forgave him. "She'll make a very strong Luna, I see that she never let anything happen to you, Adrian Conners." He said to me and the he turned to Rae, "You are a very lucky that Adrian has you for a mate, he needs a strong woman in his life." He says to her, although Rae felt bad that she cut both of his hands off, he forgave her because she was in defense mode.

He wasn't upset and they had no hard feelings either, Rae held my hand and I looked at her, 'She must be tired..' I thought and I carried her to bed.

Rae woke up the next day and took a shower, after that, she wore her clothes and my shirt, apparently she's stealing all my shirts and hoodies.
I took the time at work and then Rae visited my office, "Hey babe, how are you?" I said, getting up from my desk and kissed her forehead, Rae looked at me, "I'm alright." She said to me.

I never thought that my Rae was capable of protecting me after she endured hell and back.

But I was very lucky that she's so strong, and all the other alphas and lunas were right. I do need a strong woman like Rae in my life.