Change Zim x Anorexic Reader

Requested by Invaderzimslover

Why couldn't you be like all of those other people. They were thin and beautiful. You knew everyone was beautiful, but you in particular were just never thin enough, only you weren't beautiful enough. Thin has always equalled beautiful, it doesn't matter your race of gender identity, you had to be thin to be beautiful!

(Reader) was starving themself. Plain and simple. They saw that everyone that they admired was thin, such as Zim. They were friends with him and they really loved him. They wanted to be his partner kind of love.

'He would never love you, you're fat.
Ugly
Ugly
Ugly
UGLY!'

(Reader) was heading down to Zim's base. They hadn't eaten that day and it was already noon.

They knocked on the door and Zim cautiously opened the door. Looking up to see (Reader). He welcomed them into their home and they greeted him with their own greeting.

Coming in they felt light headed and immediately sat down. "Hello (Reader)-Human!" Zim screamed, not helping and only adding a headache. The weakly nodded. Zim noticed this and he came very close to their face, only about an inch away. "Human! You look... deflated." He knows. Quickly waving it off, (Reader) assures him they're fine, before holding their head in pain from the headache. Lying back on the couch, holding their head, it doesn't help that Gir decided to jump on their stomach.

Zim immediately bombarded them with questions. One stuck out though, "Have you eaten today!?" Being the last one, (Reader) sighed and slowly said, "No, I haven't... eaten.. today."

Zim did an overdramatic gasp and rushed to them and ordered Gir to make the human something to eat. Gir made waffles as usual, and (Reader) stared at it and just cried. They couldn't, the hunger just felt right, and so deserved. They didn't need to eat, they don't deserve any of it. "Eat some, Human!" You slowly ate some and swallowed. It felt like you had failed. They failed, and they knew it.

"How could he love a failure?!" They sort of shouted. Zim just stared at them, questioning who 'he' was. He knew love was romantic, platonic, or aesthetic attraction towards an individual. But who did you want to love you? He thought he loved you, but he would never say it, but he loved you romantically. He wanted to be your partner.

"WHO IS THIS 'HE' YOU SPEAK OF!? TELL ZIM!" He yanked at your collar, and glared at you when you spoke.

"You. I love, you!"

He was astonished, baffled even. "I do too." (Reader) hugged him. Zim visibly stiffened at this. But somewhere in him, it told him to hug back, so he did. Hugging you felt warm, nice, amazing even. Hugging the one you love is a universally known feeling. The touch starved human was just clinging to him, for dear life. They released and moved to the couch, but not after getting a snack for (Reader).

Everything was better. The world lit up. (Reader) was sitting there munching on a waffle. For the first time, they didn't feel ashamed for eating something with more than 30 calories. This was just nice, in the embrace of the tiny alien. They leaned their head on the alien's shoulder. Zim melted into this and lay his his head on theirs. Grabbing a blanket as well and throwing it on them both.

This was not the time to feel bad. This was the time to realize that they are loved and needed, and that eating is something people need, and eating too little will just make everything worse. Love is all they needed, and a quick snack.

613 words!!! Guys, I love you all, sorry for bot getting this out sooner. For those of you struggling with anorexia, you can always talk to someone, even me, my dms are always open if you need a friend. I know I'm just a teen on the internet writing fanfic, but we all have our people and those we relate to. You are loved, no matter what size you are, you are you, and that's a reason to love yourself.♥️