Lovebug AU Zim x Tall Alien Reader

[So, the first one was requested by FrindtheShapeshifter but this one was requested by sabertooth029]

You had transferred over to the local school, as per Zim's request and delight. He had also helped you disguise yourself as to not be noticed.

The day had flown by quickly and now it was lunch. You had noticed a weird guy who always had a cigarette for some reason. He was just weird and you just didn't talk to him.

Zim had been by your side the whole time. He was practically latching onto you and did not let go. This went on the whole day, much to your chagrin.

As you were trying to pry Zim off of you and deflect all of his weird complements and such, the weird guy with he cigarette came by. "Hey alien scum. Why are you harassing this poor dude?" The guy asked. "Oh! Dib-bee! This is Zim's new best friend, Reader, he just transferred here-" Zim was cut off by a hand slamming down on the table.

"Listen, Zim, I don't need your shit, okay?" Dib strained. "But you came up to us." Zim responded meekly.

So, Dib was trying to start drama.

You fucking hated drama, but also loved it at the same time.

"Look, Dib-shit, get the fuck away from us. I swear to your Earthly deity that I will fucking kill you." You slammed down on the table, smirking in his face. All for the sake of drama.

The situation de-escelated as Zim had held you back, and the lunch bell rung throughout the cafeteria. A month went by without problem after that, until Winter came around that year.

"Holy shit, it's freezing!" You mumbled under your breath, shivering from the cold. Zim looked up at you, who was bundled up beyond belief, shivering. He giggled at you, holding your hand guiding you down the street to school.

You see, Zim had told you that his affection was definitely normal for all humans to show when they were friends. You hadn't seemed to mind at all actually. When in Rome, do as romans do. Zim liked you. He had even given you a sweet nickname, sweet boy. You had even taken to calling him cute names to as to fit in with the culture.

Zim was even dropping the most enormous hints with you that could even be conceived. You, being the absolutely dense mother fucker you are, just thought this was "Extreme Friendship" as you planet had no romance, only violence. Your species reproduced asexually. There was no need for romance or anything.

But you had also caught feelings without knowing. Like how you would feel absolutely giddy with happiness and warmth with Zim, but hid it. You mentioned nothing as to hope it would go away, or you would die first.

So, hand in hand, you went with Zim to school, both of you bundled up. You because you were freezing, and him because he would fucking burn if he touched the snow, and it was cold.

The walk was silent, as you slightly glared down at Zim. He was just so nice. He also made you feel super giddy and happy. Everything about him was perfect. You thought he had maybe messed with your mind.

He caught you staring, smiling up at you. "What's wrong, sweet boy?" Quickly turning away, you mumbled, "Nothing's wrong, hun." You said, not knowing the deeper meaning behind the word 'hun'. He just giggled at your antics and looked up to see the stairs of the school.

A breeze of warmth surrounded you as you walked into the building. Then, you both made your ways to your respective lockers.

The day went by quickly like they always had. The lunch bell ringing monotonously as always.

You sat at your usual table with Zim. Conversing with him as normal, you could make out a certain smoker coming closer to your table. That's when you were surprised when he, once again, slammed his hands on the table, startling both of you.

"What the hell do you want now, dib-shit!?" You shouted. He nonchalantly rolled his eyes and spoke up, "You and your boyfriend here-" "What's a boyfriend?" You suddenly spoke up. Zim looked flushed at his statement. "Uh... well shit. A boyfriend is someone you like, hold hands with, kiss, give stupid nicknames to, and all that shit. Like, someone you feel giddy and happy with, like butterflies in your stomach. Someone you love." He explained looking so done with life.

You turned to Zim, looked down at your interlocked hands and said, "Zim, are you my boyfriend?" Zim looked so flushed and started stuttering.

You were so confused, it had the word 'friend' in it. Maybe it was just a definer between girl and boy friends. Or maybe, it was like an extra level to friendship.

Then it hit you. He said 'someone you love'. Do you love Zim? Wait, was that the feeling in your guts? Holy shit.

"Zim, I think we're boyfriends."

With that, you kissed him, emphasizing your point.

"There. I think that concludes the requirements." You exclaimed. Dib was long gone to his own table, done with everything.

That day, Zim just seemed in a weird state. He was all starry-eyed and lovestruck looking. He clung to your side the whole day. He would flush when he heard you calling him your boyfriend like it was just a fact.

When you got home, your hands were interlocked.

Moving into the house, you laid down on the couch, arms spread open. Zim looked confused at this, but realized, you wanted to cuddle.

"Back hundreds of years ago on my planet, we would hold our partners as a display of affection." You told him. He just smiled, and snuggled his head into your belly. Your arms were wrapped around him in a warm embrace.

[Okay! I'm alive! I got this out right before the deadline! Have a wonderful day!]