Dib x Alien Reader

Requested by CJDonegan
Enjoy!
(You come before Zim, as in, ypu grt there first)

Coughing up dirt and opening one of your eyes, you looked at your surroundings, although a bit blurry. A post-apocalyptic city. It looked as though everyone was alive in said city, and lived peacefully, although ignorantly.

You sighed and wobbled to get up. Your legs gave way as you had just crashed on this planet. Atleast you got here with a bang. You had always said you'd rather burn out than fade away.

Wait-shit! You are not dying just yet.

You tried getting up once again, successfully this time. With a little triumphant hurrah in your native language you looked back to access the damage done to your ship.

The exterior was absolutely scuffed up and everything was chipped and charred. The glass to look out of said ship was broken from where you flew out of it. Ouch. You touched your face to feel a deep gash. You looked around your body, frantically, seeing the various cuts and bruises.

You dropped in agony, as adrenaline had worn off. Oh fuck, are you on fire, it feels like you're on fire. It's like how death by 1,000 paper cuts would feel.

You calmed down after a bit, the pain dulling and you not suffering for every second.

You stood up and made your way towards the ship, rummaging through it for your belongings. You had also brought your... thing that you called a pet. It looked like a fluffy ram, but it was tiny. You named it Remus. (This is based on my tiny stuffed ram named Remus)

"Okay, Remus, ready to probably die?" The thing only bleated in a nightmarish way as it followed you into the city.

You then remembered that you had to assimilate to the people of this planet. You looked at your attire and thought, 'Damn, I am so out of place.' You were indeed correct. You were atleast average height for being a teenager here, as your planet had similar gravity, although you were slightly taller.

You were a shape-shifter so you could atleast shift into something human. So you did just that. Looking down at yourself, you noticed how you had shifted into a skin that was similar in tone to yours previously, as well as your hair and eyes.

You now officially fit the part of appearing human.

Wandering around aimlessly wasn't your forté, but finding an abandoned building near a school was fucking lucky.

You realized how similar but horribly different the humans were from your species. Your species had bartered and traded for wealth, whilst the humans seemed to capitalize off of waxy paper. Humans seemed to be cruel and unusual to those who they deem 'defective', like disabled people or people with mental illness. Whilst your people celebrated differences and those people were the building blocks of your society.

You had only known these things from peering out of your little window in the house and observing these people's cruelty to some poor girl in a wheelchair, some boy with mobility aids, and all the homeless people living in the area. Damn, humans were fucked up.

You had looked around the house, exploring everywhere and noticing how they had just left it. All of it abandoned. It seems like whoever owned it left in a hurry. Everything was where it seemed it had been years ago.

You rummaged through some person's closet to find an outfit befitting of a normal human. You had managed to find some skirts/loose pants to which you tried on, not knowing the gender norms, as there were no genders on your planet, just pronouns. You settled for the skirt/pants and moved on to a loose fitting shirt that had a fun graphic on the front. You kept your boots that you had because you knew they fit and you didn't trust anyone else's footwear.