chapter twenty five

Ariana's Pov

"Scooter, you don't just get to do whatever you want. You didn't even ask us whether we wanted either of them to come!" I shouted at my manager, seeing as we had been going at it for about an hour now.

"Ariana, it's bigger than what the both of you want. Think about the publicity and what that'll do for your careers!"

"Does it look like either of us needs fucking publicity? You want publicity, right? Get us a brand deal or something. You don't understand what that will do to our relationship if you keep doing things like this. There are a thousand other singers and dancers in LA, you pulled this on purpose, Scooter."

"You're right, I did, because I said I liked you both together in music and as friends. You were never supposed to get involved, and then you both go and make your relationship public without consulting either of your labels. That isn't your decision to make."

"You say this as if I need any of you. A billion other labels will sign me, and you will never find another Ariana Grande, so that means I will do whatever the hell I want with my life. We were never supposed to get involved, huh? Then I suggest you get the furthest hotel room away from us because I promise you every single night of tour, we'll do more than just 'get involved',"

"You're acting like a child, call me back later, Ariana. And sort yourself out."

"I don't know if it's because you don't approve of us together and want to break us up or something, but if you ever make another weird-ass decision like that again, kiss your job goodbye." And with that, I hung up.

Placing my phone down harshly, I sat back down at my desk, resting my head in my hands. Although I had been putting it off for months now, I needed a new manager.

I was left with my thoughts for a couple of hours longer since Kai had gone grocery shopping earlier this morning so I wouldn't have to. About two hours after the meeting finished, I heard her going inside her room.

I step out of our office, noticing she had left the grocery bags on the kitchen floor and would probably need help putting them away, so I started to do so.

"Hey, you don't have to help, I would've done it. I just need to charge my phone before it died." She said, stepping into the kitchen in the midst of me putting the strawberries inside the refrigerator.

"I know, but I wanted to. You got up early to run errands we could've done together so it's the least I can do."

Kai shrugged, opening another bag of groceries to out up. "You had stuff to do, it's okay."

"Sometimes dating you feels weird. You're so understanding about stuff, and I always expect you to be like mad or something when I fuck up." I confessed, watching her frown in confusion. "I know it sounds crazy, but I do."

"Honestly it doesn't, that's what dating Tessa felt like."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yes baby, you don't have to ask." She smiled, letting out a small chuckle.

"Just as a precaution." I grinned back, sitting on one of the island stools. "What did you ever see in her? I never saw you guys actually get along."

She came up to me, resting the palm of her hands on my thighs as she talked, so she could be in between my legs. "Well... she was kinda just a rebound. Once I found out that you were getting married, I knew I had to let go of those feelings. Tessa was going through the same thing, so we connected off of that, and what started off as just having sex became a relationship. We had some good times, yeah, but I would never put myself through that again, you know?"