chapter eleven (edited)

Kai's Pov

"She has a boyfriend though, and I'm pretty sure she's straight as fuck," I told Bea, pacing around my room. Bea arrived about 30 minutes ago after I had made it home and asked her to come over.

Telling Camila or Shawn about Ariana wasn't in my best interest since, Shawn would tell Camila, and telling the girl you used to love that you love someone else, is just weird.

Besides, I felt closer to Bea than anyone else at the moment.

"Well, she certainly must be something special if you haven't seen Mason or your niece in weeks," Bea pointed out, sitting farther back on the couch. "Hey, on the bright side, all noodles are straight until they get wet,"

"We fucked," I admitted since Ariana had already told Courtney. "And I kissed one of her best friends! But I didn't mean to, it just happened and I went with it,"

Bea smirked. "You didn't mean to place your fingers inside of Ariana? Or you didn't mean to kiss her best friend?"

"Kissing Victoria was a mistake, well not a mistake but it was a spur-of-the-moment kind of thing. Ari and I naturally happened."

"Isn't that a sign she likes you? I mean, you don't normally have sex with someone you don't like unless it's a hookup or friends-with-benefits kind of thing,"

I raised my eyebrow, "That's true, but how can we be sure?"

"Fake date me, if Ari gets jealous then we know," Bea shrugged.

"That's smart, we can't just plain out say it though."

"Invite everyone over for drinks,"

"Sometimes, you surprise me with your ideas,"

"Fuck you,"

Bea and I decided to go over to Mason's and go see Malia. Mason loved Bea, probably more than the rest of my friends, and so did Mal and Lia. She was like my parachute, Bea was always there when Mason couldn't be. And I know he was grateful for that.

Besides that, all of my friends loved Mason, Lia, and Malia, they wouldn't be my friends if they didn't. Malia was my best friend, and for someone so young, she was so smart. I knew having a famous sister took a toll on Mason and his family when paparazzi would follow after them and invade their privacy, but I especially hated when it happened to Malia.

Mason was happy to see us and told us Malia was upstairs in her room, playing with her dolls, while Lia ran to the grocery store to get some things for dinner.

"It feels like it's been years since I saw you," Mason said, with his hands sitting on his hip. "I'm starting to think my sister actually has a life,"

"Actually, I have been very busy," I smiled, looking over at Bea. "Especially since Bea and I are dating,"

I expected Mason to have a bigger reaction, maybe be confused even, but all he did was shrug. "Can't say this is a surprise,"

Bea gave him a confused look, almost blowing our cover by saying, "Really?"

"I mean yeah, Kai never stops talking about you and I always sensed you liked her." He went on to say, and the two of us were simply mind-blown.

Both of us fought the urge to blurt out that this wasn't a real relationship as he kept talking more about it. Almost every time I was with Bea and Mason, he thought we had something going on... all these years, he actually thought that?

I figured me and Bea were obviously best friends, and that we didn't give off a relationship vibe. She would be in her relationships and so would I, so this was honestly surprising considering someone else may think the same as Mason, like Shawn. I mean, Bea is beautiful and a really cool person, but I genuinely couldn't see us together. She was just a really good friend, nothing more, nothing less.