chapter ten (edited)

Kai's Pov

"You're officially the biggest jerk," Ariana joked, pushing past me, and making herself comfortable on my couch. "I mean who ditches their own party?"

"Bea needed help with something," I lied since Bea and I decided to keep this situation under wraps.

I had been home for about an hour now, changed into sweatpants, and was on my phone until Ariana came.

"Oh, is everything okay with her?"

"Yeah, she's okay now."

Ariana gave a small smile at my words before letting out a sigh, laying across me as I took a seat next to her on the couch. "Well, Victoria is officially mad at me,"

"Why? Because of the performance?" I said.

"Pretty much."

"You perform with Nicki like all the time, that doesn't mean you wanna eat her ass," I said, pretty serious but when Ariana started laughing, I couldn't keep a straight face.

"Ari, Victoria cared about what happened between us, she wouldn't have kept her boyfriend a secret," I shrugged, still holding in more laughter. "She should focus on him instead."

"If Victoria knew about what we did, it would just make matters worse."

"The only people who know about that are us."  I smiled, but Ariana's eyes dropped to the ground, instead of looking into mine like they were previously. "Who— who else knows?" I asked, now worried that she probably told the wrong person that.

"C—Courtney," Ariana said sheepishly. I eased up. oh. If there was one thing I knew about us girls, many couldn't keep a secret. But I doubted Courtney would say anything.

"Of course, but did you eat? I'm starving," I asked, getting up and walking into my kitchen.

"Nope," She replied, joining me in the kitchen. She sat on the island as I searched for what I was gonna make for dinner.

"Any ideas?" I said, turning toward her.

"Let's go out," She shrugged.

"We don't have any security to go downtown LA, you're also in a mini skirt and a crop top, it's kinda cold out."

In one swift move, she easily slid off both the crop top and skirt, and jumped off the countertop. She unfolded my arms and literally just slid off my hoodie.

"I can't believe I just let you steal my hoodie like that," I said in disbelief, realizing the extent of our exchange.

The hoodie fit her a little oversized, which was cute to see the arms of the jacket drooped over her hands.

"Now I'm not gonna be cold," She smiled, as I only laughed, going to go get her a pair of sweats.

Ariana's Pov

Amid a conversation with Kai about where we were eating, my eyes started to travel to her stomach, where all she had on was a black Nike sports bra because I'd stolen her hoodie. I'd seen her completely naked, but taking the literal time to admire someone was different.

"Are you even listening?" She chuckled, raising her eyebrow.

"Nope, you got boring so grab your shoes and come on," I said, trying to hold in my smile. I was finally taking her out. She chuckled before disappearing up her stairs, presumably grabbing her shoes and a shirt. I took this as a time to call Courtney and let her know what was going on.

"Hey, bitch!" I heard through the phone. She was drunk.

"Hey," I laughed, hearing how loud her background was. "Where are you?"