chapter twenty nine

Ariana's Pov

The night was barely getting started for most of us. I saw on some of my dancers' Instagrams, them at the club partying with each other. I was happy to see that although our flight was pretty annoying today, everyone made the best out of their night still.

Neither Tayla nor myself felt like clubbing, so we were happy we didn't go and settled on a bar that was about twenty minutes away from our hotel. Our Uber driver was super chill, which also made my night despite my encounter with Madison.

I just hoped my girlfriend was having a good night as well, considering she was staying in with Dua.

"Igor is better than Mao, he beat both of the twins too," Tayla argued, as we went back and forth on who we thought would win karaoke. It was a tour tradition for us to do so, and Igor and Mao said they wanted a rematch when we were on the plane earlier, so they'd be the first to go.

I rolled my eyes, knowing I was right. "I'm just saying definitely think that Mao would beat Igor in karaoke again, remember last time—" Interrupting my sentence, my phone started ringing from my purse.

I wasn't gonna answer at first when I saw it was Scooter calling, but when the call finally disappeared off of my screen and I saw the 17 other calls from him, I called back immediately.

"Ari, what's wrong?" I heard Tayla ask.

I ignored her though, as I held the phone to my ear and waited on him to pick up. He did on the second ring, which was unusual for him unless he wanted something.

"Hello? Ari?"

"Yes, what's going on? You called me eighteen times."

"Ariana, where are you? Please tell me you're at the hotel, I'm sending a car to come get you."

"I'm like 10 minutes away from there, I just left to go to a bar. Why do you sound like that? Scooter, what's going on?!"

"I don't know how to say it."

"Say what? God, just spit it out, you're making me nervous."

"Who are you with?"

"Tayla, now please answer my damn questions, why does that even matter?"

"Where are Dua and Kai? Is Tayla the only one with you?"

"I just fucking said that. They're on their way home from the grocery store, why are you asking all of these questions? I'm gonna ask one more fucking time—"

"I am going to tell you as soon as you get in the car, I need you to be as calm as possible right now so I cannot tell you yet. Tell your Uber driver to turn around, immediately."

I sighed, sitting up on the edge of my seat to tap the driver's shoulder. "Hey, would you mind turning back around? There's some kind of emergency going on right now and I need to get back to that hotel. I'll pay you or whatever but can you take us back?"

"Yeah, of course, don't worry about that." He replied, making a U-Turn, considering the coast was clear.

That's when I noticed Scooter had hung up while leaving my anxiety at an all-time high.

"Ari, what's going on?" Tayla said.

"I don't know, Scooter just hinted at an emergency so he's making us come back."

"Shit okay, hopefully, it isn't anything too bad."

"Obviously fucking has to be if he just asked us to turn around!" I spat, then immediately regretted doing so. "Tayla, I'm sorry fuck. I'm just nervous, he was asking so many questions and it sounded like he was stressed over the phone. Not like Scooter yelling stressed but worried."