chapter nine (edited)

Kai's Pov

The rest of the day was tiring, both of us kept falling asleep while doing things and Ariana could barely walk. Honestly, I couldn't be mad at Victoria for having a boyfriend, because I had sex with her best friend. And even though, those were two different things, I let it go.

I felt like Camila only missed me because she knew I'd started to see other people. Camila didn't know what she wanted, honestly. Now, I was just going with the flow of everything.

We finished up six hours in the studio, with it now being three pm. Ariana and I currently walked to her car, seeing as she wanted to pick me up. She left her glasses in the studio, which resulted in me driving. I started the car, in mutual agreement, that we would head to hers.

"So, Victoria has a boyfriend?" I asked as Ari scrolled through her phone. She'd been showing me, memes the whole way.

She looked up at me, "I think she had a fling, that was all. Why?"

"She told me she had a boyfriend,"

"I'm sorry." She pouted.

"And Camila wants me back," I explained.

"I love Camila, but no," She laughed, "Obviously Camila uses you for momentary purposes."

I shook my head. "Camila isn't like that,"

"I didn't think Pete was, but look where we are now,"

"Are you guys back together or something?" I asked.

"No, why'd you ask?" She said.

I shrugged. "I don't know, it's just him out of all people for a quick fuck?"

"Why are you talking about him like he's a bad person? Just because he and I didn't work out doesn't mean he's some time of an abusive monster. It's my fucking body so my choice," She snapped.

"I wasn't bashing this Pete guy. One of my good friends is called Pete, he works on SNL, so not all Petes are bad." I sighed. "But honestly, I can call an Uber from here," I said pulling over, about to get out of Ariana's car.

"You're so damn dramatic," She stated. "And about 'this Pete guy', that's the Pete we are talking about here,"

"It doesn't matter, it's stupid how you keep going back to something so toxic. Pete's a great guy but you shouldn't sacrifice your happiness for him," I cajoled.

"I don't get it. You're so against me and Pete because we had sex, but we did the same."

"So it was just meaningless sex?"

Ariana's Pov

"Yes," I lied, gulping. I didn't think I would be ready for another relationship honestly. I didn't wanna put someone in something that I knew would drain them. I was better off single.

The rest of the way back to my house was silent. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the way she gripped the steering wheel, tight like she was stressed or tense.

"I'm sorry," We said in unison when she parked in my driveway, which made us both laugh.

"I'm throwing a party later, you should come."

"I'll be there,"

"Bring as many friends as you'd like, I'd love to meet them all,"

"My friends can be a handful sometimes,"

"Well, it's a good thing we have two hands," She joked, with laughter falling shortly behind it.

Kai ended up leaving after walking my dogs and feeding them since she had to prepare for her party.