chapter thirty five

Ariana's Pov (tw: dv)

"I'm sorry, we've been together for nine months and you casually tell me you still have feelings for my girlfriend?" I yelled, disregarding that I was in the middle of the hallway and our friends were standing in the doorway, listening to it all. "So you've been feeling this way the whole fucking time, Victoria?"

"Pretending you didn't know is bullshit, Ariana. You told me you didn't like her at first, I called dibs, and then you get mad when I'm not over her? What fucking sense does that make?"

"No, what fucking sense do you make?" I spat, stepping closer. "Dibs Victoria? Are we not fucking thirteen? You wanted her so bad but you were the one to fuck things up and have a boyfriend on the side. I'm not throwing my perfect ass relationship away because you're angry you fumbled, fuck you."

Victoria laughed sarcastically, not even bothering to respond to me, with her eyes instead falling on my girlfriend, who was just as shocked and open-mouthed as everyone else. "She was fucking with you while engaged to Pete, do you really think she won't find someone new behind your back too—"

"Bitch—" I began, but was quickly cut off.

"Victoria," Kai said calmly, and even though it was written all over her face that she didn't like the comment, I could tell she was trying to diffuse things. "You should go relax and stay in the room for a while."

"Dua," Victoria pointed out desperately, despite already having the woman's attention. "How do you feel? Obviously, you had feelings for Kai, and Ariana was treating you like shit when tour started, you're just okay with this?"

"I mean, what the fuck did you expect to happen? You wanna be in a trouple with her and Ari?" Bea scoffed, looking at Victoria weirdly.

"I think she has a point, Kai," Dua shrugged, looking over at my girlfriend. "She said it herself, Ariana was cheating on Pete with you and Victoria cheated on her boyfriend with you too, maybe neither of them is a good choice."

"What?" I blurted, cocking my head to the side. I turned to Dua, about to finally snap on her when Kai spoke up.

"No it's not like that, Dua, I'm not a saint either. I cheated on Tessa with Ariana."

"That's different, you were literally trapped with her abusive ass—" Bea said, stopping herself once the words escaped her lips, watching my girlfriend's face drop.

"What is she talking about?" I asked, my voice softening as I faced my girlfriend, who wasn't exactly sure where to place her eyes considering everyone was looking at her.

"It doesn't matter," Kai answered quickly, while Bea wasn't sure what to say exactly as her mouth hung agape. You could tell this was something she wasn't supposed to mention, judging by how she was scanning Kai's face for any sudden reactions. "We're hungry and tired, we should go eat before places close,"

"Can we please just talk about this now?" She persisted, although everyone else was irritated at her, regardless if she was drunk or not.

"Hey, do you guys mind just bringing us food back from wherever you go?" I spoke up, talking to the three others, who had nothing to do with this situation. I figured they shouldn't have to suffer Victoria's emotional state with us, which they happily agreed to leave, quickly doing so while also promising to bring us food as well.

Kai and Victoria caught the hint, and the three of us slipped inside the hotel room, being sure to close the door so we wouldn't be any louder to our neighbors than we just were. I was quite irritated and it was written all over my face, while Victoria just sat there with watery eyes, a victim of alcohol's repercussions. Kai was mainly tired, and I saw that just in her body language, how she was slouched in her chair, a plain face as well as leaning against the armrest while Victoria went on. At this point, I wanted nothing more than to just crawl into bed, dinnerless or not, and go to sleep.

Just as she had finished her drunken rant, I didn't bother saying anything as Kai spoke first, her voice calmer than usual as she was growing more tired. "Victoria, you have to let go of what happened between us. You're a great friend to me and I love having you here, but that's all it is, okay? And all it's ever gonna be,"

"So you're saying it's over, over? You don't feel anything for me anymore?"

"If I'm being honest, no, and you deserve someone who does want that with you, but you know I'm in love with Ariana. She makes me unbelievably happy and I know she's my person. I wouldn't even bat an eye at anyone else, which is why I'm telling you that this is the last time we're having this conversation," She explained, sitting up further in her seat. I couldn't help but smile, listening to her talk about me, repeating the words she used over and over again. So much so that I had zoned out for a bit, while still focused on the woman as she talked, just not on what she was saying, "...and Ariana values your friendship and I don't want anything happening to that either,"

"I know, and I care about you guys too, especially you Ari. We've been friends for years and I'm sorry I almost threw that away because I couldn't control my emotions. I don't wanna lose you guys as friends, so I'm gonna take a step back, take some space, and fix the mess I made...just as soon as I sober up."

I only smiled, getting up from my seat as I embraced her in a hug that she returned. As bare and frustrating as the conversation was, I felt things had shifted between us all, in a good way. Things were clear and it was well established that my girlfriend loved me and only had eyes for me.

Once everything was settled and I was finished helping Victoria get ready for bed and sober up, I joined my girlfriend in the other bathroom, across the room as she was getting ready herself.

Coming inside, I closed the door as she was in the process of washing her face. She smiled as soon as she stopped and saw me, intending to plant a kiss on my cheek, but instead, I directed her lips to mine. And the kiss was intended to be chaste but obviously failed with the amount of passion it held.

I loved her, more than I could put into words, so much so even that I smiled against her lips each time we reconnected. The water running had become white noise as my back was pressed to the cold and sharp part of the sink, which Kai did her best to cover with her hands.

When we eventually broke apart, I knew my face was red and she only thought this was funny, letting out a small laugh, before pulling out some of her face products.

I started to get ready as well, working beside her as we talked about whatever in the meantime. Every few seconds or so she would yawn, and I could see it in her eyes she could give out any minute, but instead prolonged her routine so that it would line up with mine.

"Victoria was right, space sounds amazing right now," I said out of the blue, Kai stopping to look at me in confusion.

"Oh, well I'm not sure how you would do that right now since we're sharing a room but—"

"Baby, not from you," I laughed, cutting her off as I could see she was relieved. The lack of sleep was getting to her head. "I just need a break from LA, I wanna get away for a while, go off the grid maybe...what do you think?"

"What place do you have in mind?"

"I don't know, anywhere else, preferably out of the country,"

"Oh babe, you're serious," She chuckled, taking a second to think. "London."

"London?"

"London."

"London it is," I smiled, just after a few seconds. "Should we tell anyone?"

"Let's just do it, as soon as we leave Vegas. You want a break, let's get you one asap, baby,"

"And let's get you to a bed babe, I see how tired you are,"

"Yeah, it's been a long day,"

"Kai," I said, my tone shifting as she had just reminded me of something.

"Kai? This must be serious," She pointed out, folding her arms. Everything okay?"

"Yeah, it's just earlier—when Bea mentioned—"

"I'm gonna get to bed, okay? Any longer and I'll probably pass out in the shower," Kai said, placing a kiss on my temple. "I love you, goodnight." And I stood there dumbfounded, watching as she left.