Regrets

Regrets

"Shitttt".

Gulf's sister was watching him in distress. She could clearly say something was disturbing him so much for the past two days. She entered his room and found him sitting on the floor by the bed with beer.

"Gulfie. What is it"? She sat with him on the floor who didnt seem to budge. "Am watching you for two days. You are not taking calls of your friends. You are not going out. Not even university. What happened"? She wrapped her arms around his shoulders.

She saw Gulf contemplating whether to tell or not. But she was waiting for him.

"I.. Phi.. Is it okay to fall for someone"? Gulf saying swirling the bottle. His sister turned to him with surprised emotions. Gulf could be jolly, bubbly, spoiled. But he never talked about feelings.

"Depends who is the person. Also. You cant hold your feelings". His sister said as a matter of fact. Gulf felt silent again.

"Who is she"?

"Uhmmm its not a She Phi". Gulf said sheepishly. His sister was shocked this time. 

"Ehemm.. Oh...kayyyy". She gulped the lump. "Sooo. Who is ... He"?

"He is my senior from Business Administration. Doing PHD". Gulf told. It was a night of shocking surprises for her sister. First Gulf was in love. Second with a male. And third with someone elder than him.

"And..."? She wanted him to spill the tea. Because so far she couldnt get a hold on why he was upset. He knew his mother and sister will always love him no matter his sexuality.

"I... Its complicated Phi". He hung his head low.

"What complicated Gulfie"? She combed his hair with fingers as he put his head on her shoulder.

"Actually Phi. We are still friends. Like we were. We spent some time together at his apartment. He was playing guitar in the morning and i... I couldnt hold myself. And i ....".

"You what Gulfie"?

"I .. Ki.. Kissed him Phi without his consent and he.. He slapped me and asked me to leave him apartment. Since then he isnt talking to me. No calls no texts". He told everything to her. She was again shocked but worried about Gulf.

"Oh Gulfie.. You shouldnt have".

"I know Phi. I made a mistake. But what should i do? He isnt taking my calls. He isnt in his faculty. I visited it too". Gulf was in deep thoughts.

"Give him some space Gulf. He will come around. Dont worry". She tried to console him. For this was all she could do.

They both fell silent. In deep thoughts.

*********

The whole week passed. Mew didnt spent time in the cafe nor at his apartment. He would either sit in the libraty to finish his research and would go home. He was not responding to any of the calls or messages from Gulf. He didnt want to face him. Not at least now. He was still angry at what he did. He took him as his nong. As a friend. But what Gulf did was not acceptable.

Somehow, somewhere he was missing Gulf. He loved his company. But... He would admit that he liked him. But...

It was Friday. He finished his work in the library. For two days Gulf had not contacted him. And that was worrisome. He knew Gulf was impulsive. Emotional. What if he... He abruptly stood up. He packed his bag and rushed to the Sports faculty.

He was searching for Gulf when he caught the side of Mild. He had seen him with Gulf while practicing football.

"Uhh. Mild". He patted his shoulder and Mild startled.