Baby Shower

Baby Shower.

"Mew come on". Gulf tried for the umpteenth time and Mew rejected for the same umpteenth time.

"Seriously Gulf? Baby shower. No". Mew said sitting with arms crossed. He was currently sitting on the bed with swollen belly and swollen feet that Gulf was massaging.

They were just back from the hospital to find they were having two little angels. Two girls. Evan was most excited but Gulf wanted to plan a baby shower to reveal the gender to the family. And here Mew wasnt agreeing at the idea. He was reluctant to wear the Maternity shirt and sweats that Gulf specially designed for him.

"Pleaseeee. Na. It would be just family and there wont be anything out of place baby. You will be just wearing the same tee and sweats that you usually wear. Whats the Deal"? Gulf was trying to convince him.

"Yeah? I dont wear a tee and sweats with MOMMY TO BE written". Mew said puffing his cheeks..

"Okay okay. Thats the issue. How about i change into Dada to be"? Gulf said holding another ray of hope. But again no use. Finally Gulf tried to use the Ace of cards.

"Okay. As you say. I just wanted to live the moments that i missed. But if you are not happy we will announce everyone in the morning that we are having girls". Gulf said with a little pout and puppy eyes. He was focusing on the swollen legs to massage. Silently. But in heart he was praying to all gods to get it work.

Mew saw him sad and gloomy. He felt something tug his heart hard. Gulf did everything Mew asked ever. Late night long drives. Ice creams. Making love to him as much as Mew demanded. He never said no. And this was the first thing he asked for. And yes why was it difficult for Mew. It would be just his family. Cake dinner and balloons popping to reveal that they were having two girls.

"Ummm Guppie". Mew called him bit hesitantly. Gulf just hummed not looking up.

"Look at me na". Mew said again. This time Gulf just looked up for a while and then head low again. He was really sad.

"Ummm. Will it be okay for the baby shower? Not odd"? Mew asked. Gulf looked up into his eyes. Trying to hide his smile.

"No baby. You think i will make you feel uncomfortable"? Gulf retorted.

"Ummm. And what are we gonna do"? Mew asked rubbing his belly as Gulf was sotly putting oil on his swollen tummy.

"It wilk be a cake. And balloons that Eva and Evan will pop filled with pink confetti to say that we are having two princess. And dinner. Thats it". Gulf explained. He saw Mew mentally preparing himself.

"And when are you planning"?

"This Saturday". Gulf could feel him resolving.

"I am sorry Guppie. I didnt think about your feelings. I know you want it to make me happy. Right"?

"Yes baby. Its for you. Everything is for you, for our prince and princesses. I want to capture each and every moment in the camera. To bring them to life and watch them as our children will grow old with us. The memories that we will cherish when we both will be grey haired and wrinkled. Sitting in our garden, looking our grand children playing around us. I want to live the forever with you Mew. Can you give me the forever"? Gulf said between tears. For sure he had planned so many dreams with his family.

"Ofcourse stupid. Where else am i gonna go". Mew hug him tight. He was smiling looking at Gulf having his time with his girls.

"Whattttt". Gulf suddenly jolted back and looked at Mew who was laughing. "Mewie"?

"Well say hello to baby girls. They want to tell their Dad that they recognise you". Mew said placing Gulf's hands back on his tummy where he felt the babies's are holding his tummy with their hands.