Chapter 3

Sunagakure no sato

Temari was pulling Naruto through the streets and many more of the heads of the villagers were turning as they were surprised to see the Princess of Suna pulling a blonde shinobi whom none of them recognized but saw the Suna headband and were confused. Many girls were looking at Naruto and blushing and then whispering amongst themselves while the guys were looking on in jealousy. Naruto was nervous since it did remind him of the stares back in Konoha but he reminded himself that this wasn't his birth village now. They walked towards the clan grounds of the village and then to a really large estate. Temari took Naruto in the house as he marvelled at the great house and was amazed that it was only for three people.

"Alright Naruto this is my house and now yours for the time being. Let me show you around alright." She said and he nodded following her around as she showed him a large living room and then took him into the large dining room that was attached to the kitchen. She then took him to the first floor and as they climbed up the stairs they came to a hallway as Naruto saw many rooms down the hall and Temari spoke up pulling him into a room with a king sized bed, a big closet, a dressing table with a huge shelf besides it and an attached bathroom. He was transfixed that he was going to live here, it was as big as his old apartment in the leaf he mused.

"And Naruto this is your room, the room besides you is Kankuro's and the one in front of his is Gaara's while mine is at the end of the hallway to the left." She chirped happily and he nodded with a small smile as he and Temari started walking down towards the living room as Naruto sat down on the armchair while Temari plopped down face first on the cushion over the couch.

"Man I wish we could have something to eat just now. The restaurant takes two hours to deliver and I hate to eat there with all the people staring at me all the time." She murmured in the pillow as Naruto smiled a little.

"Then maybe I could make you something?" he asked softly and she looked at him surprised with a raised eyebrow.

"You could cook?" she asked in a surprised voice and he nodded getting up and walked into the kitchen as Temari sat on the stool besides the counter as Naruto started to pull out a pan, knife and the ingredients that were available. She watched surprised as he washed his hands and then the vegetables and then started cutting them like a professional. He tossed the piece of stake that he found in the fridge into the frying pan as he started to make a sauce to go over it in the other. As soon as the aroma began to spread Temari's stomach growled and Naruto turned to her and smiled as she blushed in embarrassment.

"Wow you really know how to cook. I can tell from just the smell. The only one that could cook amongst us is Kankuro and that too is just average." She said as she remembered the few times he cooked and it didn't leave a good taste to remember ever so she always preferred to order food home.

"Here you go." He said keeping the plate in front of her as he sat in front of her pulling a stool himself and sat down in front of her. Temari looked at her plate and the smell was just amazing as she took a fork and cut a piece as she put it in her mouth and her eyes shot open as her mouth exploded with flavours. She immediately dug in for some more smiling as Naruto saw her and smiled a bit that she liked it and ate slowly himself. Ayame had taught him how to cook though he always ate at the stand as it gave him company and he didn't like always eating alone. As Temari finished and cleaned her plate she sighed in relief as she turned to Naruto with a smile.

"You're a great cook Naruto. This beats the hell out of that restaurants food any day." She said happily and he smiled as he picked up the plates and went to wash them as Temari leaned against the counter besides him.

"I'm glad you like it. I can make you dinner every night if you'd like it, it's the least I could do." He said and she beamed. Eating food like that every day was heaven.