Chapter 9

Meanwhile in the Land of Wind…

Two figures in black cloaks with red clouds and straw hats were walking in the desert amidst the sandy winds as their cloaks blew and they kept walking to the village hidden in the sand. The peaceful village of the sand had no idea of the dangers that loomed over them as the village walls came into view and both figures smirked beneath their cloaks.

Sunagakure no sato

Naruto was going through the paperwork with seven of his shadow clones working alongside him and was confused as to why Gaara kept calling it a demon spawn. He guessed it must be so easy because the council took care of the details and he just had to go through reading and signing them only. Again in Konoha a certain redhead had the urge to kill Uzumaki but didn't get why he was suddenly having these desires. He was getting bored and didn't get how Gaara kept himself locked up in this room with just paperwork with only Matsuri to talk to. She too only talked about the official stuff and was way too boring. He wanted his hime to come back and kiss her like there was no tomorrow and hold her in his arms as he sat there listening to the civilian talking about admitting his son and daughter into the shinobi Academy and he smiled at the father.

"Of course he can join, I'll talk to the council about those rules that civilians can't join the shinobi Academy." He said and the father smiled gratefully then spoke nervously.

"Kazekage-sama, she is my only daughter and is too innocent for the killing tasks of the shinobi life but I only have a small merchant business and want her to be a shinobi to have a good life and look after herself like her mother wanted her to but is there any way that she could you know join and not get involved in the gorier aspects of the shinobi life." He asked nervously and Naruto gave him a warm small making the man lessen his nervousness but was scared as Naruto stood up and crouched down in front of the little girl with a teddy in her hand and patted her head making her smile.

"What's your name my cute little angel?" he asked softly and she smiled blushing a bit as she looked at his whiskers and rubbed them with her little hands smiling cutely at him as he smiled in an amused way making her father scared knowing he was the current Kazekage. This was why he had come, he had been too scared to approach Gaara since he remembered his old reputation and was scared of him but he jumped at the chance of talking to a new Kazekage and was ecstatic that a mere commoner like him was given an instant appointment. Naruto turned to the man and stood confidently making him gulp and put a shoulder on his hand.

"Don't worry there are many branches like the barrier team, the sealing team or even the medical squad and various other branches that involve almost zero killing, but she will be trained to kill to protect herself if she wants to be a kunoichi. That is something I cannot help with, if you still wish for her to join the Academy…" he was cut off as the man shook his hand.

"That would be great Kazekage-sama, you are very generous to go out of your way for a civilian like me." He said gratefully and Naruto smiled and shook his head.

"Every villager is my responsibility do not be scared to come to me even if I am not the Kazekage then I'll help you in any way I can. That is the way our village will work under me, everyone is equal whether a clan head or a civilian. If there is potential, then we will bring it out. The Yondaime Hokage was but an orphan of a small clan in the leaf but is still regarded as their strongest shinobi to breathe, who is to know that this little girl might not be the next Kazekage." He said as the girl grinned and he fist bumped her as the man left happily thanking him and Naruto sat down making a document to order her admission to the Academy. The Academy came under the Kazekage and was a shinobi affair, so the council could suggest but he had the final say and he would let anyone who wished get a chance after all he himself was a clan less orphan for thirteen years he mused and if not for the old man he would never have made a shinobi. He thought remembering about the Sandaime Hokage and the times he spent with him fondly. He was surprised at how many civilians wanted to become a part of the less violent shinobi branches but were scared of the laws put in by the Yondaime Kazekage and the killing image of Gaara but were seeing their hope in him. He signed another admission paper and kept it in the growing pile that had already reached to a couple dozen since yesterday and smiled. So much young untapped talent and more strength to the village. Suddenly Chiyo and Ebizo came in and he motioned them a seat gazing at their sudden appearance curiously.