Chapter 8

Timeskip Three Days later

Konohagakure no sato

The three-man squad from Suna came up to the gates of the village after three days of travelling and walked to the village hidden in the leaves. They saw Tsunade there standing with a team of ANBU behind her waiting for them. They stopped in front of them as Tsunade smiled at the three who gazed at her neutrally.

"Welcome Kazekage-dono it has been a while. I hope the trip was peaceful?" she asked and he nodded.

"It was fine Hokage-dono and indeed it has been a long time." He said and she nodded as they walked towards the Hokage Tower and watched the villagers go about as it was still early in the morning.

"Well would you like to rest at the Leaf Dragon for today and start the talks tomorrow Kazekage-dono?" asked Tsunade politely and he shook his head.

"No we are well rested from the previous night and the whole day is free. Plus, I want to get back to the village as soon as I could." He said and Tsunade was confused as to the hurry and saw Temari too wanted to return if what her face told her was anything to go by.

"Plus I know that idiot will do something reckless in my place. He is a trouble magnet after all and the more time he has the more paperwork I'll get for fixing his troubles." He thought and sighed but smiled thinking of his brother in all but blood.

"So Temari you must want to meet your friends after all this time. I remember you making a lot of them when you acted as our liaison for the first year." She said with a smile and Temari showed no signs of happiness.

"No, not really." She said and now Tsunade was getting a bit confused at the tense environment building up and decided to make the rest of the trip in silence.

Hokage Tower

Hokage Office

They walked into the Hokage office as Gaara and Temari took a seat in front of Tsunade and Kankuro stood at their backs on the ready for any attacks. Tsunade saw it and smiled at his professionalism even amongst allies. Suddenly the door to the office opened and in walked the people she wanted the last to be seen and cursed them to hell but offered them a seat beside her as the esteemed elders of the council sat beside her. Koharu gave them a grandmotherly smile as they remained neutral.

"Welcome Kazekage-dono I was thinking that we might discuss some of the finer points of our alliance before we go to the council chambers so we can save some precious time." She said and Gaara nodded not seeing any harm and knew the huge council of the leaf wasted a lot of time in discussions.

"Kazekage-dono first I must say the leaf really appraises your new found quality of sealing equipment and the new and strong way that you hold the village so strongly in front of the world under your reign. For a newly appointed Kazekage and one such young as you it truly is impressive." Said Homura and Temari and Gaara saw where this was going and he decided to entertain them a bit.

"Yes well I found a new found prodigy that Temari one day brought in and he joined our village since he had training in the shinobi arts but wasn't allied to any village so I let him join. He already possessed the skills of a chunin and quickly went up the ranks gaining a lot of respect and influence in the village. He is my most trusted shinobi and I can safely say in a battle he would best even me and is a dear friend of mine and very close to my family. He is a true prodigy in the art of sealing and has provided us with various new seals and modified our existing ones to beyond the skills of perfection. As of this moment as I speak I have named him my temporary replacement until I return to the village with the complete backing of the Suna council." He said and all of their eyes widened at finding such a diamond being found roaming around and then becoming such a strong shinobi to the point of him trusting the boy so much that he made him the temporary Kage in his stead. The boy must have undying loyalty as well as a true prodigy they mused.