Chapter 4

Sunagakure no sato

Next Morning

Temari woke up to see the peacefully sleeping face of the whiskered blonde on her side cuddled up to her and smiled as she buried her face in the crook of his neck and he held her tightly closer to him and she felt so safe in his arms. Kankuro was gone for a patrolling mission early this morning and Gaara always left early so she could sleep in as she closed her eyes and snuggled into him. She was suddenly woken up by a knock to the door of the estate as she growled and got out of bed and Naruto woke up rubbing his eyes and yawning. She got to the main door and opened it up in an annoyed manner when she saw Lady Chiyo standing there.

"Lady Chiyo this is a surprise, is there something wrong?" she asked politely and Lady Chiyo smiled waving her off.

"No no Temari-hime I just wanted to meet this new chunin that I heard about yesterday at the council. Naruto Uzumaki was his name if I remember right." She said and Temari looked at her surprised. She had thought of many reasons for her visit but this surely wasn't one on her list she thought.

"What do you want with Naruto Lady Chiyo?" she asked politely that held a cautious tone to it and Lady Chiyo chuckled slightly confusing her.

"Can't we go in and talk about it, my old legs get tired very easily now you know." She said playfully while Temari blushed in embarrassment.

"Of course; where are my manners please come in." she said politely ushering her in and picked up her headband from the drawer in the table at living room and tied up her hair in a high pony tail as she offered Chiyo a seat who sat there with a smile.

"I'll go and get Naruto." She said and Chiyo nodded and smiled sitting there as she went upstairs to go get Naruto. She entered the room to see Naruto come out wiping his face with a towel and smiled at her.

"Who was it Temari?" he asked softly and she gave him a smile.

"It's Lady Chiyo, she is one of the two honourable elders of the village and is highly respected. She wants to meet you." She said and Naruto tilted his head to the side in confusion.

"Me; what for?" he asked in a confused voice and she shrugged.

"Lady Chiyo is a strange woman, she will only talk to you about what she wants. Let's go." She said pulling her with him by the hand and Naruto just followed her and sat on the armchair to see a pretty old lady looking at him surprised at first and then with fondness and he grew even more confused.

"Umm I'm sorry Lady Chiyo but I don't really know you so may I ask what you wished to see me for?" he asked and she smiled at him picking up a biscuit on the table as she spoke.

"Straight to the point and not wasting any time just like an Uzumaki." She said cryptically and Naruto grew uncomfortable hearing this. Temari saw his uneasiness and herself grew confused by what she said. Naruto got up to leave the room and calm himself down.

"I'll go make us some tea. I'll be right ba…" he said but was cut off as Chiyo spoke up cutting him off.

"I had my suspicions but you really are his son, the same hair, the same eyes and her face. Now I have cleared all my doubts." She said as Naruto stopped dead in his tracks and Temari grew scared as she saw a dangerous glint in his eyes.

"I don't understand what you mean." He said in an all too calm tone but Temari sensed the low warning tone in it and glanced at Chiyo whose smile was getting wider by the minute.

"Please you know absolutely what I mean Naruto-kun; don't play dumb with me." She said happily as Naruto calmed himself down and went through hand seals and put his palm on the ground as seals covered the room and then disappeared.