Chapter 18

Sunagakure no sato

Suna Stadium

The Finals of the thirty sixth annual chunin exams had finally come to a halt and all was now silent in the seemingly joyful and excited crowd that once resided in the stadiums. Almost all the civilians and dignitaries had left, with just some of them making their way out under the strict guard of the ANBU placed all around the village.

The proctor of the exams finally turned his gaze up, his baby blue eyes half shadowed by his flailing hair coming onto his hair while his cloak now sat atop, slung onto his shoulder to show his completely ripped and lean muscles through his cut sleeves shirt.

Baby blues met teal greens when he saw Temari jump up onto the railing, still staring intently into his eyes. Neither blinked, seemingly lost in each others when she opened her arms leaned forward to fall down freely, her lips adorning a mischievous smile.

Only a blur of dust lay awake where the blonde boy once stood, the viridian blur catching his princess mid air before falling down gracefully on his feet. His princess scooped up in his arms bridal style who let out a content sigh and snuggled in his arms.

"One of these days you're going to hurt yourself like that hime." the blonde scolded her half heartedly, doing nothing but nuzzling his nose in her own to get a giggle out of her.

"Mm-hmm you'll catch me, I know it…" she said with a small yawn making him sigh and kiss her nose. She crunched up her nose, and he laughed. She hated those butterfly kisses near her nose but he loved that adorable face she made each time.

"You sleepy?" he asked her in his tender tone getting another small yawn and nod from her. She was dead tired, the harsh works off the past week were catching onto her, now that the duties placed upon her were seemingly over.

"NARUTO!" the blonde turned his head around to the Kage box where Gaara was staring at him with his usual stoic green eyes.

"CAN I HAVE A MOMENT?" he asked him making him look down at the half asleep wife of his and then back at him in a confused manner. He didn't want to, but Gaara wouldn't call him unless it must be necessary.

But his princess came first.

"GIVE ME FIVE MINUTES" he called back before he vanished in a flash. Gaara pursed his lips, his eye twitching dangerously hearing the Kage's snicker behind him.

"He has his priorities sorted out, ne?" asked Darui, making Gaara sigh and nod. He couldn't help but smile for his friend and brother-in-law.

Namikaze estates

Naruto came to in front of the marker within his room, walking to the bed with soft footsteps. He placed the sleeping girl in his arms on the bed gently, who was now completely out like a light. His hands smoothly took off her sandals along with the senbon holding her hair in a bun and kept it aside so it wouldn't hurt her.

Instantly he saw her arms, sleepily searching for something and he smiled, placing a pillow that she clutched for dear life and nuzzled her face in it.

"Mm Naru…" she mumbled making him stifle his chuckles and kiss her head, his eyes looked at her adoringly. He brushed her head gently and placed a little peck on it.