Chapter 4: An old friend

At the CIF department.

Malika was sitting outside the interrogation room, waiting for Varun's trial to be over.

She wasn't looking very good. Catching sleep had become more and more difficult for her.

Then Alfred came across her and stopped as soon as he saw her.

"Damn. You don't look good. Well not that you ever looked good.", said he.

"Get lost.", said Malika while not even looking at him.

Suddenly she started coughing. She grabbed her bag and took out a pill packet and swallowed one of the pills.

"I can't believe someone like you once wanted to become a CIF officer. I mean you got so sick, just because of a little stress."

She didn't answer.

"Alfred, leave her alone."

He looked behind and saw Anna.

"Oh, look who is here.", said Alfred while smiling.

"Don't you have some work to do? You seem pretty free.", said she.

"Well, I can make time for personal things. But I do have to say it is harsh to see them both every day here. It's so annoying."

"Look who is talking.", said someone behind Alfred.

He turned around and saw 005, who was wearing a black suit.

"And who are you if I can ask?", asked Alfred.

"None of your concern. May I ask you to leave Malika alone. Because if you don't move, I'm going to make sure you end up somewhere laying on a bed.", said 005 with a smile.

"I would listen to him, if I were you, Alfred.", said Anna.

"How dare you! Again, one of Varun's friends I guess.", said Alfred.

"Close friends, please."

"Close friends.", said Alfred while laughing. "Why don't you tell your so-called close friend to do his freaking job?"

"Do you have children?", asked 005.

"What?"

"Do you have children, I asked."

"Well, I'm divorced. But yes, I have two daughters, so?"

"Could you kill them?", asked 005.

Alfred backed off a bit.

"If you had to kill them, would you be able to do it?", asked 005 again.

"Hey watch it."

"What are you so afraid of?"

"I'm not afraid!"

"Tzt. You expect from a father to catch or even kill his child while you start sweating just thinking about it."

Alfred had no answer.

"Ehm. I have some work left. I better get going.", said Alfred while rushing off.

"What a liar.", said Anna who took a seat next to Malika to comfort her.

But then Varun came out of the interrogation room and saw 005.

"005.", said Varun and hugged him. "It's good to see you."