❄️ chapter 5: first visit to the palace

Every early morning at the royal palace, all the staff and maids were always busy with their chores, making sure everything is done and ready by the time the monarchs start the day. Some would clean every corner of the rooms, make sure everything is on its place, change yesterday's flowers with fresh ones, prepare breakfast, and for sure, prepare the royal family's outfit for the day. Yes, they have their very own stylist who prepare everything they wear each day.

Kangmoo, was not the exception. He woke up early as well and got to the Crown Prince mansion with the other staff. His responsibility every morning was more into monitoring stuff, but sometimes he would give a hand to some staff who needs help.

"Oh. Oh slowly there, I got you." The man rushed to one of the maid who was filling one of the mansion's old vase with flowers and her hands slipped, making the vase wobbly. "Be careful, we don't want any of these ancient stuff to ruin, aren't we." He huffed as he secured the position of the vase.

The maid bowed several times to Kangmoo and thanked him before she continued her morning tasks.

The royal family would start their days at 8 AM in the morning where they had breakfast at their own mansion. They would take a bath an hour before and get themselves ready for the day. But Crown Prince Sooho had his own habit.

It was a couple minutes before 6 AM in the morning and the Crown Prince was standing there, with his sports fit.

"Good morning, Your Highness." Kangmoo greeted Sooho as he arrived at the Crown Prince's room. He bowed curtly, one of his hand holding an iPad.

Sooho nodded upon seeing Kangmoo bowed at him. "Morning," he said.

Im Sooho had always been a morning person. No matter how late he sleeps, he would always wake up early, latest at 6 AM.

Last night, Kangmoo noticed that Sooho's reading room's lights were still on at 2 AM in the morning, and based on the mansion's guards information, the Crown Prince slept at 3AM last night. That was not something new, but he was always amazed by the way Sooho never looked like he had lack of sleeps– instead, he always looked so focused all of the time.

"Did you get enough sleep last night?" Kangmoo asked. "I heard from your mansion guards that you stayed awake until 3 AM in the morning."

Sooho hummed as he zipped his windbreaker jacket.

"You remember what the doctor said on the latest medical check up, don't you? Lack of sleep would impact your health." The older man explained. "Those paperworks could wait, and you even could ask me for help. You know that."

Kangmoo stared at Sooho with a grim look on his face. He had always known that Sooho had problems with his sleep. And whenever he couldn't sleep, he would make himself busy with works or other things instead. It had happened since a long time ago, though. The royal palace doctor had given several therapies and medicine to help him with his sleeping disorder, but it seemed like they didn't work that much.

The Crown Prince didn't response, he's taking a seat and picked his running shoes.

"If I catch you staying awake up until early morning again tonight, I'll come here and make sure you take the medicine from the doctor. I'll even sing you lullabies if you want me to." Kangmoo clicked his tongue as he saw Sooho grinning at him.

Kangmoo's fingers unlocked the iPad screen and opened the calendar app to give Sooho a brief run through of the day's schedule.

"Crown Prince Im Sooho, right after your daily morning exercise, you will have to prepare yourself at 7 AM. The maids will prepare your bath and Stylist Kim had also prepared some set of outfits you can choose for the day. Breakfast will be ready by 8 AM at your mansion's dining room. At 9.30 AM, you will have another session of Asia Pacific bilateral relations learning sessions. Please make sure you have read the pre-read sent to you 2 days ago prior to the session." Kangmoo paused, taking a long breath. "At 12 PM, you will have lunch at the main palace dining hall—"