❄️ chapter 37: sooho's apology

chapter soundtrack: looks like a real thing - je hwi

❄️

Youngro had lived her whole life in the city of Seoul. However, she barely ever visited the Bukchon Hanok Village, which was a Korean traditional village complex in the heart of Seoul on the top of a hill between Gyeongbok Palace, Changdeok Palace, and Jongmyo Royal Shrine. The complex was composed with a lot of hanoks and alleys which showcased the architecture and culture from Joseon dynasty. It was one of the most famous tourism spots where people would come strolling around the alleys in rented hanboks.

That day, Youngro came to one of the hanoks that were specially reserved at the village in hanbok too, and she would take pictures as well. But she didn't come as a tourist or visitor on holiday. She was about to have a pre-wedding photoshoot there with her future husband who was the Crown Prince of South Korea.

As much as she wanted to avoid the Crown Prince, Youngro couldn't stop staring at him that day. She never imagined Im Sooho wearing a hanbok would look that good. He had been wearing suits and neat shirts almost everyday, but when he came into the first photoshoot spot that day— which was a lovely hanok, a traditional Korean house— Youngro had been staring at him non-stop from afar.

The girl was battling herself, though. She wanted to give some space away from him so she could clear her head and figure out a way on how she should face him from now on. For a couple days, she had avoided him at the royal palace in many ways possible, however at the end, she should remain together with him anyway, right?

As his wife. Whether he loved her or not.

"Miss Youngro, careful with your steps," Secretary Gong's voice surprised her. She wasn't staying alert for some seconds as she stepped into one of the hanok buildings. Thanks to Im Sooho. "There's this wooden block whenever you move between the rooms, please be careful."

Maeng, who was following her from behind, immediately helped the girl with her long hanbok. "Let me help you with your hanbok." She said as she bented down to reach the tip of the dress. "It's heavy, isn't it?"

"It's not really heavy, it's okay!" Youngro grinned at Maeng, making sure the woman saw she's really alright. Then, her eyes moved slowly back to the familiar figure deep inside the room who was talking to one of the photoshoot staff.

Im Sooho was wearing a pearl colored hanbok, almost similar to Youngro's but the color of his was slightly darker. His dark black hair was slicked back neatly, exposing his sharp features. That hanbok on him really made him look like a whole royalty, though. It got Youngro wondering how he would look like in his myeonbok, a ceremonial attire worn by Korean monarchs during ceremonial events. In this case, he would wear one on their wedding day for the traditional ceremonies and the parade in the next following days.

"Then, we're gonna start with these traditional concepts first before moving back inside to the royal palace?" Sooho raised his eyebrows as his eyes studied the printed moodboards on the staff's hand. "Great. We'll follow your direction. Please take beautiful pictures for us, Mr. Baek."

"Of course, Your Highness. It's an honor to be chosen as the photographer for the royal couple." The older man smiled warmly, making both of his eyes curved up. "Oh, Miss Youngro is here as well,"

When Sooho heard him saying that, he moved his focus away from the printed moodboards shown by the staff to Youngro who just entered the room. As soon as he landed his eyes on her, for a second, the man forgot how to breathe.

She looked pretty with the hanbok. Her long black hair was tied up into a bun, and it was completed with golden ornamental hairpins. From head to toe, Sooho had actually seen the design sketches by Maeng and Stylist Lee. But it somehow still surprised him. Youngro's beauty never failed to surprise him everytime.