🌸 chapter 39: the royal wedding

In front of her was a closed enormous cathedral door, the entrance to the royal cathedral's central nave. Right when the door was opened later, she would step into the aisle that would lead her to the altar, to the place where her groom— the Crown Prince— was standing.

Her heart couldn't stop thumping wildly. In every single breath she took, she kept on saying prayers to God that their wedding that day would go smoothly, that once she stood there with Im Sooho at the altar as husband and wife, it would be the beginning of a beautiful and never ending love story. She promised herself, she would be a good wife for Sooho.

Although, deep inside her heart, she still had the scar from the previous days.

For once, Youngro would close her eyes and listened to the thumping of her own heartbeat while controlling her breath.

Im Sooho believed, that day would be the day where he felt the most nervous in his lifetime.

He licked his lips multiple times, making sure it wouldn't get dried. But somehow, he actually did it unconsciously out of his control. It was the reaction of his anxieties.

Standing there at the altar, facing a hundred or even more guests inside the royal cathedral as a groom, that was more than enough to make him fully realized that the wedding was really happening. At the very front row, he could catch his own family seated, while Eun Youngro's family was seated on the bench on the other side of the hall, across the aisle. When he threw a glance to the back, he also could spot his friends watching him enthusiastically.

It was his wedding day with Eun Youngro.

He was about to be wedded to the girl.

He was about to make a sacred vow for a lifetime to be her life partner. To spend his life with her. To build a family with her. To run the country as a king with her as the queen.

After he made sure to show a polite smile to all the guests inside the cathedral, the Crown Prince lowered his head and stared at the floor. By then, one by one, the thought of the future slowly creeped into his mind, triggering worries inside him. He tried not to bother the thoughts, but he couldn't deny the fact that he could feel his shoulders getting heavier. Not to mention that he still freshly remembered the words Eun Youngu said to him earlier that day. And Youngro's question to him the days before...

Inside his heart, he only prayed that everything would go accordingly as planned that day— and that his life in the future with Eun Youngro being an important part of it would be filled with blessings every single day. He really hoped that he would be a good husband, a good father, and later a good king of the whole nation.

The thought of it brought shivers on his body. Subtly, he shook his head and closed his eyes. The man left out a long exhale, trying to reduce his worries.

listen for best reading experience
chapter soundtrack: snowdrop - choe jeong in

When the master of ceremonies announced the entrance of the bride, everyone inside the room stood on their feet and turned their head towards the enormous entrance at the back that was still closed. Expectant and enthusiastic looks were all shown on everyone's face when the royal guards proceeded to pulled the door open.

By the time the door opened, the royal choir and orchestra started the music, filling the air inside the royal cathedral's central nave with divine harmonies. That was when Im Sooho finally opened his eyes, lifted his chin up and stood up straightly on his feet with his perfect proportion.

The second Im Sooho's eyes caught his bride, Eun Youngro, at the other end of the aisle, the whole world stopped for him.

That time, it felt like everything around them faded away. He could only see her, only her.