❄️ chapter 24: the days before engagement

"I'm home!"

Youngro shouted at the front door as she entered Eun family's house. Thanks to Secretary Gong, she had arrived safely. She was about to put her shoes back to the shelf when her peripheral view caught her brother standing in front of him, crossing his arms with a curious look on his face.

"Why?" Youngro blurted out.

"We have opened all the gifts from the royal palace and we love all of it. The royal family really gave us thoughtful gifts." Youngu said, however he pursed his lips together as he continued, "But there's one gift that has not been opened yet. And it's yours. And it's special from the Crown Prince. When will you open it?"

"Oh now you are curious about my gift?" Youngro giggled as she playfully pushed Youngu away from her way into the house. "Let me open it up at the family room so you can watch me unwrap it."

There she was, at the family room, with the gift box on her lap. "I can't tell what's inside. The box is small, but it's quite heavy." She tilted her head as her fingers started to unwrap the wrappers. "Do you wanna make a bet, Oppa? If you're correct, I'll clean your room tomorrow morning."

As Youngu heard his sister's offer, he smudgly grinned. "I bet... it's either jewelry, accessories, or maybe an expensive and branded perfume, that's why it's heavy?"

Youngro hummed as she placed her hand on top of the box's lid. "Moment of truth, let us see what's inside. Three... two... one!"

The girl lift up the lid and opened the box. The first thing she saw inside was a white box. "Another box inside the box? Really, Sooho-ssi?" She chuckled while her fingers were busy pulling the white box out.

Her hands stop midway as her eyes caught a familiar logo shown on the box.

"It's a camera." She whispered. "A film camera—"

Youngro's eyes widened as she read the camera type written on the lower side of the box. "It's a film camera... and this one is not for sale yet." She gasped, covering her mouth. "How could he— of course he can get anything he wants. But this? How could he know I'm into film cameras?"

The older man who was watching her shrugged, "Maybe he stalked your Instagram? Most of your pictures were taken on your old film cameras."

As she heard the brother's hypothesis, she let herself lost in her own thoughts. That might be true, as the Crown Prince knew so much about her. Maybe one of his source was Youngro's personal Instagram, where some pictures posted there were taken with her film camera. And that's why he chose a film camera as her Christmas gift.

He's so thoughtful.

Slowly, a soft smile grew on Youngro's face, making her cheeks lifted up and showed the faintly visible dimples on her cheeks. "He always surprises me." She whispered.

The older brother who saw the younger sister in front of her smiling to herself could only left out a relieved sigh. Seeing her sister being happy like this was enough. He hoped the Crown Prince could hold onto his promise for the rest of his life, as he would be the luckiest man on earth for marrying Eun Youngro. Youngu swore if he ever found Youngro hurts because of the Crown Prince, he would give no damn if Im Sooho was the heir of Korean kingdom or not. He would probably give that man a lesson.

"I lost the bet. But I'm glad to see you happy." Youngu said.

Youngro left out another chuckle as she took out the film camera out of the box.

"Do you want me to take a picture of you? It will be your first ever picture taken with the camera."

Youngro shook her head as she loaded the film camera. "No, thank you Oppa. I have one person in mind. I'll make him the first one to be captured with this camera."