🌸 chapter 25: engagement day

His gaze.

Those dark orbs were never leaving hers.

And she couldn't get her sight anywhere else but at him. At some point, she felt like she was day dreaming. She couldn't believe that what was happening then was true.

A royal engagement. And she was the bride to be. She was engaged with the Crown Prince. The man who was standing right in front of her.

She would believe everything was a dream until finally, the Crown Prince brought her back to reality.

As his fingers reached out to touch her left hand, Youngro left out a silent gasp. Her eyes darted to her hand that was now being held by the Crown Prince tenderly.

Sooho was holding her hand in such a gentle way as he let himself caressing her hand for a while. It would appear unnoticeable for the people inside the main palace hall. But Youngro, the girl whose hand was taken by the Crown Prince, could feel his thumb stroking her left hand tenderly.

When Youngro moved her sight back to his face, she could see him gazing at their hands. He looked calm and composed, but somehow Youngro could notice the unreadable expression on his face.

Youngro couldn't guess what it was, but the next thing she saw was the Crown Prince gazing right back at her with a fond smile on his face.

The smile she adored. The smile she had been longing for everyday for the past few weeks.

Sooho's other hand was holding the yellow sapphire ring that he took previously from the box that was held by Hong Aera, the older woman who was standing next to Youngro, a couple steps away from them. He then moved his hand that was holding Youngro's left hand closer to him as he slowly slid the ring on Youngro's ring finger.

Her royal engagement ring.

The yellow sapphire ring was shining brightly as she slightly moved her slender fingers on Sooho's hands. It looked beautiful.

To her surprise, the Crown Prince hadn't released her left hand yet. She thought it was her turn to put on his engagement ring, yet there he was pulling her hand so softly closer to him, before finally brushing his lips to her knuckles. His eyes were never leaving hers. And that gesture was enough to drive her crazy as the butterflies inside her stomach went wild.

However, Youngro reacted gracefully with a sweet smile plastered on her face.

When Sooho finally let go of her hand, Youngro proceeded to take the engagement ring inside the box on the Queen's hand. She was standing next to Sooho, only a couple steps away from him. She made sure she curtsy before taking the ring, receiving a thin smile on the Queen's face.

"Sooho-ssi," Youngro whispered as she reached out for his hand, and the man lifted up his left hand to meet hers.

Slowly, Youngro slipped the yellow sapphire ring to his ring finger. The stone looked familiar with hers, however Sooho's ring was much more simple and minimalist since it was made for the man. Youngro moved her gaze from the ring on his hand to his face again, giving him a smile.

Yellow sapphire stone unites lovers who are separated.

As they both had worn the engagement ring, the Queen Dowager then took her time to share her blessings for the younger couple inside the room. She was saying to them that they were both destiny that were separated from each other, and the rings united them. And in the future, whenever they were separated, or anywhere they would go, the rings would keep uniting them as one and bring them together.

While listening intently to the older woman, Youngro linked her arms with Sooho. For once, she tried to peek at him from his side, just to see him already gazing down at her.