❄️ chapter 19: the christmas eve dinner

"Isn't it too bold on me, Maeng?"

Youngro worriedly stole a glance at her reflection on the mirror. The woman next to her was busy brushing red lipstick on her bottom lip. "This shade of red is really suitable with your skin tone, it's perfect with the Christmas vibe. You're about to go for a Christmas dinner with the royal family, aren't you?" Her fingers tucked strand of hair away from Youngro's face before finally moving her hands away from the girl's face. She was checking her final make up look. "You are really blessed with a perfect face, Youngro. I don't have to do much make up on you but you're already looking this good."

Youngro chuckled bashfully and waved her hands. "What do you mean, Maeng? It's all thanks to your make up I can look this good!" Youngro took a while to study her looks for the night. She had warm colors for her eye shadow and blushes, and the red lipstick really completed the look. Maeng was right, the shade of red she chose was perfect for her.

"Boonok, have you done preparing the dress?" Maeng then walked away to get the chosen dress that night.

The Crown Prince was standing in front of a big mirror inside his walk in closet. He stared at his reflection on the mirror carefully, making sure he's all ready for the royal family dinner tonight. The royal family Christmas dinner usually felt more intimate and informal, the conversations would be way lighter than usual dinners they had on the other days. By the end of the dinner time, they would all gather inside the main palace living room to enjoy some tea, sweets, and even more chats— although Sooho would barely talk and join the olders chatting. And they all would take a couple of pictures to share it to public as a formal Christmas greetings for the public.

His fingers were busy fixing the tip of his sleeve when Kangmoo came walking in to the walk in closet, and Sooho caught him from the mirror. The man had dressed up as well. He was wearing a black suit, and his hair was combed neatly. He was as ready as Sooho for the dinner tonight.

"Oh, that's one good suit, Crown Prince. A new one, I see?"

Sooho lifted up one of the corner of his mouth, "Yeah. Stylist Lee insisted to make me wear this one for tonight. You look good yourself, Hyung." he said.

When Sooho didn't hear Kangmoo's reaction, the man finally turned away from the mirror, checking on the older man who was already seated comfortably one of the seats inside the closet. He was crossing his legs, and his eyes were locked on Sooho.

The Crown Prince hummed, questioning the look of his personal assistant. Both of his thick eyebrows were raised.

"It's good to see Miss Youngro getting along really well with the royal family." Kangmoo uttered.

"Yes, that relieved me as well." Sooho replied, although he was slightly confused on the sudden topic the man brought up for him. His hand then moved to pick one of his watch collections inside one of the drawers. A black one with accents of gold, completed with black leather straps, a Rotonde de Cartier watch would be perfect to complete his look tonight.

As the man proceed to wear his watch, the older one was watching him carefully. He looked like he was considering something, before he finally shot his question at the Crown Prince. "Do you like her?"

The question Kangmoo asked made Sooho froze for a second. He glanced at Kangmoo from the corner of his eyes for a while before moving it back to focus on his black watch he was wearing. "I enjoy her company." as he finished wearing his watch on his left wrist, he finally shot another question back at Kangmoo, "What's with the sudden question?"

The older man shrugged, "I just want to know how you really feel towards her now." He simply answered, but when he saw the Crown Prince didn't look satisfied with he answers, he tried to elaborate. "Crown Prince, listen. I see how you have been treating her lately. You're being so nice to her— it's great to see. And that's how you're supposed to be towards her, I get it. But I just want to check on you..."