❄️ chapter 38: countdown to the wedding

chapter soundtrack: destiny - ong sung eun

❄️

It was only a few days away from the big day.

The royal wedding, which would be held by the end of January that year.

Though the preparations were all done in such a short period of time compared to the usual weddings some couples would prepare, Sooho and Youngro along with their teams had done an amazing job for their wedding. During the final week, they only had to make sure everything was all settled for the big day without having to prepare anything else. However, it still took a lot of times and energies to do that, even with the help of their assistants.

In between the final preparations, Sooho actually had a plan he didn't share to anyone. Even to Kangmoo, who was driving him personally to the place where he would meet the person in mind.

Once their car came to a halt, Kangmoo peeked out of the car window, looking up to the tall modern building in front of them. So, this was the place Sooho wanted to visit during the last days of preparation before the wedding?

"The hospital," Kangmoo turned his head towards the younger man who was seated next to him on passenger seat. "You want to meet your future father-in-law again, don't you?"

Sooho clicked the seat belt opened and subtly tidied his shirt to make sure there would be no wrinkles visible on the fabric. "That's right," he said while putting on his jacket with its hood covering his head. "It will be quick, I'll call you to pick me up when I'm done, Hyung."

"Take your time, Your Highness."

"Your Highness!" When one of the nurses that were on shift that night caught the Crown Prince coming to the VIP inpatient rooms, he immediately placed a finger on his mouth, asking the nurse to stay silent. "I apologize, Your Highness. We didn't expect your visit tonight. The doctor is currently leading another surgery—"

"It's alright, it's okay if dr. Chae isn't available. I want to meet Mr. Eun inside if it's allowed." He stated, asking for permission. When the nurse gave him the permission, she immediately escorted the Crown Prince to the VIP room where Eun Changsu was staying.

"He's awake, Your Highness," The nurse whispered before letting the Crown Prince came into the room.

The light inside the room was dim, and it was mostly quiet since the only sounds that could be heard was the beeping sounds from the medical monitoring machines attached to the old man's body.

"Based on the latest check with the doctor, Mr. Eun Changsu has gathered his consciousness even better this last few days. He has started to speak in longer sentences too. We also had an eye reflexes test earlier today and Mr. Eun had shown a rapid progress. We can say, the latest surgery was successful." She explained as Sooho walked into the room with her.

Sooho had visited Eun Changsu a couple of times before. That evening, he was glad to see his future father-in-law in a better condition compared to the first time he met him. The old man's skin was no longer in pale colors, and his eyes were brighter then.

"Please let me know should you need anything, Your Highness." Said the nurse before excusing herself out of the room.

When the old man's eyes caught Sooho standing inside his room, he left out a faint sound. His voice sounded hoarse and Sooho couldn't clearly catch what he was saying. However, he quickly walked his way towards the bed.

"Good evening, Sir. It's me, Im Sooho." He took a polite bow to the old man who was laying down on the hospital bed. "I hope you're feeling better now." He said softly as he leaned closer to the old man.