❄️ chapter 18: a tour at the mansion

They still had 2 hours before the royal family dinner started.

Instead of getting some rest in her room at the main palace, the King suggested Sooho to bring Youngro with him to the Crown Prince's mansion, saying she would have to adapt more to the mansion and it would be much more comfortable for Youngro to have a rest there.

So, Sooho followed his father's orders.

He called Secretary Gong to escort them to the Crown Prince's mansion. Since it was quiet far, he thought it would be best to bring Youngro with him with a car ride.

As they both arrived to the Crown Prince's mansion, Kangmoo welcomed them inside.

"Kangmoo, did you leave the party earlier?" Sooho asked as he  handed the older man his long coat.

"Yes, Your Highness. I was told to prepare the room for Miss Youngro. I came here before you so I could check it." He answered. He then moved his gaze to the woman behind Sooho who was just entering the mansion building. "Miss Youngro." He greeted the girl with a curt nod.

"Hello, Kangmoo." Youngro greeted him back. When she found Boonok approaching her, she proceed to open her long coat and handed it to the maid as well. "Thank you," she whispered.

"Which room? Is it the room for the Crown Princess? Isn't it still being prepared? We haven't finished the renovation, have we?"  Sooho furrowed his eyebrows.

"Yes, Crown Prince. It's not the Crown Princess' room, it's the other guest room we have prepared for now." The older man explained. He suddenly took big steps towards the entrance door when he saw Secretary Gong coming with a suitcase from outside. "Please come in, Secretary Gong." The man gave a way to the old secretary.

"Thank you, Kangmoo."

"Excuse me, Secretary Gong. Is that my suitcase?" Youngro blurted out as she realized the suitcase the old man held was hers.

Secretary Gong passed the suitcase to one of the maids and answered, "Yes, Miss. The King had ordered us to move your things here. You will be staying here tonight, instead of the main palace." He then ordered the maid to bring the suitcase to Youngro's room for the night.

Sooho and Youngro exchanged a look.

Before things got more awkward, Youngro quickly changed the topic. "So! We still have two hours before the dinner, Your Highness?"

"Correct," Sooho replied after he cleared his throat.

"Alright, then..." Youngro nodded slowly, looking for a way to escape this awkward situation. But none popped up in her mind.

Luckily, Kangmoo quickly proposed a brilliant idea. "Why don't you show Miss Youngro around the mansion, Your Highness? Then after that, maybe you both can have some rest and prepare for the dinner?"

Secretary Gong responded, "That's right. Miss Youngro will live here later after the marriage, it's best for her to adapt soon, Your Highness."

Sooho calmly listened to the older men's advise and he fully agreed with them. "The weather outside is too cold. Let's have a look around the mansion from the inside, shall we? There are a lot of rooms you may have to know."

Youngro, being a polite guest, accepted the offer for sure.

Kangmoo had gone away with Secretary Gong, saying they had other works to do. He said it was safe to leave the Crown Prince for the evening since he wouldn't have any schedules beside of accompanying Youngro.

Boonok and the other maid also went away to bring Youngro's suitcase to the room where she's staying in tonight.

As soon as everyone left them, Sooho asked Youngro to wait for a while at the living room. He was looking for something.