❄️ chapter 28: breakfast at the suite

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

So slowly, Eun Youngro was waking up from her sleep. Her head felt so light, unlike yesterday when she felt as if her brain could explode any time soon. So did her body, she felt so light like a feather. Now that was what a good quality sleep could do for you and your body.

The girl stirred in her sleep, letting out a small squeal as she stretched her feet under the blanket.

She felt warm and comfortable. What kind of beddings do this hotel use? She wondered.

Hold up. What is wrong with my hand...

She hissed as she noticed a weird feeling on her left hand. Her eyes weren't fully opened as she was still gathering her consciousness with her eyes closed. As she felt something— uncomfortably— sticking on her hand, she immediately opened her eyes. As the light inside the room filled her vision, her eyes squinted. She spent some seconds to adjust her vision with the light until she could clearly see her surroundings.

The first thing Youngro saw as she opened her eyes was an IV drip, hanging above her on a pole next to her bed. It confused her since she didn't remember getting herself injected with an IV catheter before she slept last night. Where did this IV drip come from?

Her pupils slowly moved around, exploring more of her surroundings.

Yes, she was still in her room, on her bed, and under the comfortable blanket. The only different things she noticed in her room were the IV drip next to her bed, the needle on her leftt hand, and the Crown Prince—

"Sooho-ssi!" The girl left out a small gasp as her eyes caught the tall man, on a formal white shirt tucked into a long black pants, sleeping on the sofa near the window.

What happened here?!

Youngro was about to jump out of her bed and check on the Crown Prince who was sleeping on the sofa. His back was rested on some soft pillows, and his long legs were rested on the sofa. Why was he sleeping there? His back might get hurt. He should had slept at his room, on his bed!

The girl finally managed to push herself up so she was then seated on the bed. The blanket was still covering half of her body. When she was about to move her legs down from the bed to get her slippers, the bedroom door was knocked, then followed by a familiar voice.

"Your Highness?"

It was Kangmoo.

The knocking sounds woke the Crown Prince from his sleep as well. The man then slowly shifted from his sleeping position, grunting as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Come in, Hyung." He said with a hoarse voice, as he proceeded to get up from the sofa and walked himself to the door.

However, the man stopped midway as his peripheral view caught Youngro who was already awake, sitting on her bed in her white pajamas with a wondering look on her face. The sight of her made him forget the older man that was waiting outside the bedroom. He immediately turned his back from the door, then walked his way to the bed, approaching Youngro.

"Youngro." He called, softly.

"Sooho-ssi," she said carefully. "What... what happened? What are you doing in my room? And wha— what happened last night?" She picked up her left hand that was connected with the IV drip above her.

"You had a high fever. We called the doctor in for you last night. She said the medicine you had weren't enough, so the doctor gave you an IV drip." He explained thoroughly. "How are you feeling? Are you still feeling dizzy? Do you feel hurt anywhere?"