❄️ chapter 34: can't help falling in love with you

chapter soundtrack: come fly with me - denis solee, the beegie adair trio

By the time the couple finished their shopping session together, Sooho ordered Kangmoo and his guards to go back to the hotel earlier, leaving only a couple of them on stand by. No one in sight, since he also ordered them to give the couple a personal space for the evening.

Due to the winter season, the day ended earlier, while the evening was coming sooner. As the sun set and all the lights above the Regent Street turned alive, Youngro and Sooho decided to take a quick dinner at one of the restaurants that were a few blocks away from the main road.

It was a fancy and sophisticated restaurant, where they had a full course fine dining for dinner. The interior was luxurious despite of the entrance that would look smaller at the first glance. Youngro didn't expect once they got inside, the restaurant was enormous. All the dishes served looked so pretty and exquisite, making the girl hesitated to even touch the food. Once or twice, Youngro would wonder quietly to herself if the served food were edible or not.

"This," Youngro's fork carefully poked on the soft textured green cream on her plate. "This is made from what?"

"Spinach."

She scooped some of the cream and let herself took a small bite to taste it. "Hmm delicious!" She beamed.

"Try the tenderloin." Across her, the Crown Prince darted his eyes at her smiley face, then at the cutted freshly roasted beef on the girl's plate.

"Oh my days!"

Sooho chuckled gleefully as he saw Youngro expressed how much she enjoyed the tenderloin she just had. Her eyes were closed, eyebrows taunted, and her left hand was placed on her chest. She looked like she just experienced a once in a lifetime experience.

As soon as Sooho swallowed the food inside his mouth, he finally said, "You're starting to sound like a local here." A teasing smile was plastered in his face as his gaze lingered at Youngro.

"Hm? Oh!" The girl covered her mouth as she left out a small laugh. "That's right. I must be influenced by Jonathan. I often hear him saying Oh my days! when he talked casually. He's so funny, you know. After he briefed me this morning, we spent some times talking about stuff while enjoying banana milk."

"He really looks like a kind and cheerful man, indeed." Sooho replied.

"He is! He's currently learning Korean language so I helped him learn some words and expressions." Youngro giddily shared her story being with Jonathan that morning. "He stayed at our suite for a while to chat... and then he went away when he got a schedule reminder." The girl shrugged, taking another bite of the tenderloin which made her dance happily on her seat.

"I'm glad he's with you this morning when I was away..." the man cleared his throat, his hand who was holding a fork with a piece of steak on its end stop midway in the air. "For my morning walk." He said, before biting the steak.

As they both finished the last menu of their main course, the waiter took the empty plates and delivered the dessert in an instant.

"Oh, strawberries!" Youngro beamed upon seeing the placed plate on the table. She could notice a scoop of soft ice cream on it, completed with drops of honey with honey crumbs, pieces of kiwis, and one of her favorite fruits, strawberries!

The girl smiled as she remembered the memories of her with her father. Whenever the old man came back from the village with a truck full of fruits, Youngro would sneak around to steal a box of strawberries for herself. And later, Youngu would catch her in action. The brother would scold her, but her father would happily let her took it at the end, though.