Chapter 5

Y/n's POV:

Shortly after Haku fell asleep, you placed a blanket over his body before snuggling into your futon, letting sleep take over you.

The next morning, you woke up to the sunlight hitting your face, causing you to let out an irritated sigh, already knowing night is over.

You got up to see Haku slowly waking up from the sunlight. He sat up as I sat beside him,
" Are you ready to explain what the hell happened to you,"

He sighed and nodded,
" I work for Yubaba, I'm basically a slave. Last night I accidentally woke her baby up from coming back from a mission, and decided to punish me. She destroyed my bedroom, hurting me in the process. Now I don't have a room,"

You commented angrily,
" I knew there was something about that woman that bothered me, I'm going to have a word with her,"

You was about to go but Haku grabbed your wrist before you could. His eyes showed concern as he spoke,
" please don't, she'll get angry that I told you"

I scoffed,
" She needs to learn that she can't hurt my friends,"

He let go if my wrist before you walked to Yababa's office, being greeted by done servants on the way.

You knocked on her door before she let you in. You walked through the long corridors before reaching her office, where she is signing papers and admiring gold at the same time.

She looked up at smiled as soon as she saw you, but you knew that wasn't a smile for kindness,
" Y/n, how may I help you?"

You scoffed,
" You hurt my friend, and I've come so that'll never happen again,"

She chuckled but you knew she was hiding her fear,
" Which friend are you on about, princess?"

" Haku, he came to my balcony door last night with a lot of injuries, tell me why you did it?"

She shrugged,
" Because he's a disobedient little brat, "

You got angered by her comment before teleporting behind her, making her yelp in surprise. Your eyes glowed bright red as you glared at her,
" Hurt or even think about hurting Haku again, and I'll make sure your life is a living hell,"

She gulped nervously at your glare before nodding repeatedly. Your eyes turned back to their normal colour as you began walking out the door.

You teleported back to your room to see Haku trying to get up, but failed miserably from the pain. You couldn't help but giggle as you sat beside him,
" I had a word with her, I may have threatened her but it worked. She was shaking like a baby from fear,"

You felt him hug you tightly, his arms wrapped securely around your waist. He muttered a ' thank you' causing you to chuckle and hug bag. His hair ticked your cheek as you spoke,
" I'll always have your back, so if you're in danger or you want to talk. I'm always here, okay?"

He nodded as he pull away from my grasp.

What You both never knew was that you'd both catch feelings for one and other.

3 weeks later

It's been 3 weeks and you and Haku have been as close as ever. You'd play together and talk to each other about your worries. Thankfully, Yababa has been less abusive towards him because of your threat.

But what's been on your mind for a while now is that your heart rate increases whenever you see him, which is bad. Every now and then a slight pain forms in your heart, which only means one thing, your slowly falling in love.

You were scared, scared of what your best friend would think of you when he finds out you like him more than friends, and scared of leaving your sister alone. You kept telling yourself not to fall anymore in love, but your heart said otherwise.

You collapsed onto your couch, not knowing what to do. You sobbed into your hands as you pulled your knees up to your chest.

A voice spoke,
" Y/n? What's wrong?"

You looked up to see Lin standing there with a cup of your favourite drink. She placed it on the coffee table before sitting beside you with a concerned face.

You looked up at her to reveal your red, puffy eyes from your tears as you wiped them,
" Just something bad is happening,"

" Like what?"

You sighed,
" I'm falling in love, and I can't, it's my worst nightmare,"

She gave a surprised expression,
" Your in love? That's great! Why's it bad?"

Your lip quivered from trying to keep your sadness from showing,
" When I was 13, my mother casted a spell on me. If I fall in love, I die. My heart would be slowly cracking until it's completely cracked. The spell activated a week ago, meaning if I fall into the pure depths of love, I'll disappear for good,"

She gasped in shock as tears appeared in the corner of her eyes, before quickly wiping them away,
" I know you can fight through this, your strong, independent and brave. What your mother has done is wrong, but you can prove to her that she's wrong about love. If she thinks love is weakness, show her the positive side. Show her that love isn't just that, it's also strength,"

You nodded, her words comforting you slightly. You chuckled as you wiped your tears,
" Thank you Lin, that helped a lot,"

She stroked your back for comfort,
" Anytime, like you said, that's what friends are for,"

You smiled at her speech before she broke the small silence,
" Do you mind telling me who you've fallen for? "

You looked at her to see she has a playful smirk on her face causing you to giggle,
" Alright, but promise you won't make fun of me because I don't exactly know if you two get along,"

She nodded, eager to know the answer,
" I promise, I promise, now tell me who the lucky guy is,"

You giggled,
" It's................ Haku,"