Chapter 7

Y/n's POV:

You ran up to him with stars in your eyes as you stroked his soft fur on his face. He did something that shocked you, he lifted you up causing you to sit on his back, holding his mane.

You looked at him with a small smile,
" Hey, you could have warned me, but why did you -"

She was interrupted by him flying in the air, causing her to hold tighter, being careful not to hurt him.

The wind brushed against her face as he flew above the water and into the sky, she even got to touch some of the clouds. You laughed in happiness as you hugged his neck,
" Thank you Haku! Your the best!"

If Haku was in his human form right now, his cheeks would be a crimson red. His heart fluttered with happiness at her statement.

They landed on her balcony before he turned into his human form, and being engulfed into a tight hug.

You wrapped your arms around his neck as you hugged him with a bright smile. That was the most fun you've had in a while. Usually, you'd stay in the castle and draw or practice your powers. You've never once experienced that.

He hugged back with a blush as he buried his face in the crook of your neck, trying to hide his blush. You both pulled away as you giggled,
" You should go, Yababa will be wondering where you are, tell me if she tries to hurt her because we'll have some talking to do if she does,"

He nodded with a smile, a genuine smile,
" Thank you, Y/n, for everything,"

' and for showing me what it's like to love, again ' he thought.

You smiled in response as you went inside and threw yourself onto the couch. He waved goodbye before leaving and closing the door behind you.

You smiled at the memory of you both together, happiness and another Unkown feeling that you've never felt in a while. That's when you felt it.

Clutching your heart in pain, you fell to the floor. It felt like you've been pierced and stabbed a thousand times in your heart. You looked down to see your heart glowing red from your mother's spell. The pain left after a few seconds, letting you sigh in relief.

Then you realised what that feeling was.

It was love. You loved Haku.

You teared up at the thought of you falling in love. You knew he was a great guy, but you're afraid of him breaking your heart, just like Hiroshi did. Especially when you've fallen for him completely. That's when the spell activated fully.

Your sister walked in with her usual smile, but dropped when she saw you silently sobbing on the couch. She gasped, closed the door behind her, and ran over to you. She sat beside you as you sobbed.

She asked with concern,
" What's wrong?"

You wiped your tears and sniffled,
" Sis, my worst nightmare has happened, I've fallen in love,"

She gasped before hugging me tight, her voice cracking slightly,
" The spell has started, hasn't it? "

You nodded and cried into her shoulder, being careful not to be to loud. She hugged you back, tears pricking her eyes. The thought of you going for good pains her heart. She's happy that you've fallen in love and have found happiness, but this isn't the way, she doesn't want that to end over a spell.

We pulled away as you wiped your tears, you exclaimed with a sad smile,
" If I'm being honest with you, I'm happy that I've fallen in love. I'm finally starting to feel happy, and I can't let that be taken away. So I guess dying is the only option to keep it, but I'm okay with that. I got to feel what happiness and love felt like,"

Your sister sobbed more and sniffled,
" I hate the fact that you'll have to die to accomplish that, there has to be a cure, anything!"

After the little conversation with your sister. You hated the fact that you'd soon leave her, because once the spell is activated, it can never be unbroken. That's the words that your mother said when she casted it.

Your sister walked out of the room with tear stained cheeks before closing the door behind her. You got out your diary, where you wrote all of your thoughts and feelings.

Dear Diary,

Today has been one of the best days of my life, but also the worst. Let's start on the positive side first. I and Haku had a great day together, I even found out he's the dragon I drew a few weeks ago! We went flying together, and I felt like I was in a dream.

The bad news is that I found out I fell in love. This feeling is overwhelming but settling at the same time. The spell my mother casted on me years ago has activated, because of my love for Haku.

I don't regret it though, I don't regret falling in love. This happiness feels great, usually I'd be emotionless in the castle and avoid people, only if it's necessary. Now I feel free, and happy, especially when I'm with him.

Let's hope we both have a happily ever after, not a sad one.

By Y/n

You placed your diary onto your cabinet before sighing,
" I really hope we do,"