Chapter 1: Library Stocking

The rain clouds plagued the evening sky as the water pelted downwards. It had been raining all week, with little chance of slowing down. Because of this, a certain ender prince was spending his time indoors with one of his least favorite commoners & his guardian at the moment. But unfortunately since he can't just stay without doing labor, he is forced to help out with whatever they are doing. Though the labor he is doing provides him with more knowledge of Overworld things.

"What the hell are the elements of algebra? It's covered in something disgusting" mumbled the prince, as he picked up a dusty book.

"It's a mathematics book Ranboo and it goes in the education section next to the science shelves,'' explained a phantom man, as he sorted his own handful of books.

"Ugh, it looks useless but okay" sighed the prince, as he walked away from the crate of books.

"You never know mate, some people have an interest in that kind of stuff" laughed an older elytrian man, who was opening a new crate of books.

Ranboo let out a groan as he walked. He sadly has been stuck sorting books into Wilbur's library since they left breakfast at the Pube. The phantom had gotten a big haul of them from Niki & Philza's latest overseas expedition. The young enderian had been excited for new things to claim but wasn't thrilled with helping others with their claims, but he doesn't get a choice at the moment, since he's kinda stuck in here til the rain slows down enough for him to get his house. The only joy he found at the moment was a few of the books he was given to sort. They were mostly educational since the local village's education was underline basic so they were providing a place for more diversity for them, along with the other hybrids in the area. A few of them caught Ranboo's attention, but they mostly were uninteresting. He was just looking to take something for his pay of labor, whatever he chooses. As Ranboo made his way back to the main table, he noticed Wilbur looking into his crate.

"What are you doing?" questioned Ranboo.

"I'm looking to see if this box has the floral journals I needed for the nature section," explained Wilbur, pulling random books from the box.

"Well look somewhere else, this is my box" stated Ranboo, trying to swat the phantom away.

"These are my books & my library, so fuck off" huffed Wilbur, pushing away Ranboo's hand.

The ender prince glared at the phantom man before moving to where Wilbur was placing the books. They were scattered across the table in disarray, which was quite rude for all the work Ranboo had done. He groaned before picking up a few to sort away once again.

"You are just throwing them in disarray," groaned Ranboo, looking for similarities.

"Eh, you'll figure it out," said Wilbur, as he pulled an arm full of books out of the crate.

Ranboo silently mocked the phantom before holding up a book threateningly. He could hear Phil laugh from his perch on the second floor. He side eyed his guardian since before setting the book down. He'll get back to Wilbur when Phil isn't around. As the ender prince continued to move back to fix his crate, another book caught his attention. It was one that Wilbur tossed on the table but fell on the floor. He picked up and began at the cover. It was engraved with different designs of flowers & vines, paintings of small people with bug wings that surround the title, and the cursive title read "Collections of Fairytales". It was a strange title to the ender prince but it sparked his interest since the book was quite thick. Ranboo placed the book on the table & opened it up. There were lots & lots of words but some of the pages had images of scenes. So had forest animals, humans in suits of iron fighting dragons, wicked witches and more overworld stories. Some of them Ranboo has heard references from through conversation with Technoblade and Tubbo. But some new types of stories were popping up. Some had similar themes but involved a big event at the end. The ender prince just couldn't wrap his head around it. He was about to call out for Phil to ask him about it, until he heard the sound of a distant bell. All three of them in the library perked up.

"Oh, it's noon," commented Phil, as he flew down to the first level.

"LUNCH!!" cheered Wilbur, popping through a nearby shelf.

"Lets go boys" stated Phil.

Ranboo stood up, placing the book into his bag under his cape. He followed after the elytrain & phantom to the exit. As they came out the door, the ender prince looked up to the sky. The rainy clouds were slowly parting which let the sun shine through. Everything outside was wet somewhat from the morning rain, but it was slowly drying. Frogs were perched on nearby rocks by the water, butterflies wisping around wet flowers, & dormat animals resurfacing to now wet world. It was a pretty nice moment before entering the Pube. Chaos was to be expected, which the ender prince will help cause, a moment of fresh air beats being stuck in the dusty library all morning. Phil took the shortcut of fly up to the Pube, leaving Ranboo & Wilbur to climb the ladder. Which the ender prince wasn't going to do.

"Welp see ya up there" smirked Ranboo, before teleporting up the ladder.

He heard the phantom swear from below but he continued teleporting. He smiled to himself proudly, once reaching the top of the floating landmass. He grabbed the door handles and swung them open.